No Xplode

joepun

Apr 1, 2004
I saw an ad for No Xplode in Bicycling magazine and reviews are basically for bodybuilding. Has anyone used this? Does it work for cyclists? Effects?

joepun said:
I saw an ad for No Xplode in Bicycling magazine and reviews are basically for bodybuilding. Has anyone used this? Does it work for cyclists? Effects?
Of course, it's protein. Everyone needs protein... Just keep track of how much protein your eating besides the product.

Miscreant said:
Of course, it's protein. Everyone needs protein... Just keep track of how much protein your eating besides the product.
NO-Xplode is a nitric oxide and creatine supplement with 0 grams of protein. Check out this link and the nutritional breakdown: http://www.shopwars.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/31959/vpid/2700123/vpcsid/0/rid/124205

Some folks have had great results with Nitric Oxide and creatine can help for short explosive efforts like body building and track sprints. But creatine can also lead to retaining water and the weight associated with it so many endurance cyclists stay away from creatine at least during the cycling season.

I used no xplode a couple years ago while in my weight lifting phase. It is great for for that, but When taking it and doing any type of cardio it seemed to accelerate my heart rate and made me feel uncomfortable throughout my workout.

daveryanwyoming said:
NO-Xplode is a nitric oxide and creatine supplement with 0 grams of protein. Check out this link and the nutritional breakdown: http://www.shopwars.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/31959/vpid/2700123/vpcsid/0/rid/124205

Some folks have had great results with Nitric Oxide and creatine can help for short explosive efforts like body building and track sprints. But creatine can also lead to retaining water and the weight associated with it so many endurance cyclists stay away from creatine at least during the cycling season.
I'm actually going to disagree here. I've used NO Xplode for the past few months in anticipation of the coming collegiate racing season, and I looked into the different types of creatine present in NO Xplode. The type they use, (I believe creatine ethyl esterate or something close to this) is different from basic creatine you would use for body building. There is one gram of the stuff in NO xplode, which is completely metabolized by the end of a workout, yielding no adverse effects from having additional water in your muscles. I called the company and asked why they would have it in there at all, since I didn't want to gain weight either, and the rep said that since it gets absorbed almost instantly, the purpose of the creatine in NO xplode was to give the muscles a little extra creatine to help in the anerobic zone. Granted this is the company talking about their own suppliment, but if you check out the scientific papers, they pretty much back up their claims too.

Now my personal feeling with NO xplode, is that I love it. Specifically I use it for all of my training rides, except for the endourance rides. I think all their talk about building muscle and getting "crazy pumps" and seeing "massive gains" is a load of ****. The reason I use NO Xplode, is because when I take it, I get like, a motivational jolt that makes me want to train. And train hard. I actually look forward to those interval workouts. Maybe the best way to explain it, is that when I take it, I get the same feeling before a training ride by myself, that I have before a mass start race.

I think it's pretty similar to the feeling you get when you use caffine before a workout, and if you don't like that feeling, then I'd probably stay away from this.

Anything that says to stop using after 8 weeks and take a 2 week break raises my "I Don't Think So" Alarm.