Nobel's prize for Fuentes ?

fscyclist said:
You mean you're a Duke fan but not an alum? Didn't know such people existed.
We all know how fark feels about Duke.
Fark-DukeSucks.jpg

Crankyfeet said:
Yeah, it shows that Gore got a combined SAT score of 1355. The MENSA threshold for SAT scores from that period is 1250 which is supposed to equate to an IQ of 132 and the 98th percentile.

Using the IQ estimator on this link below, Gore's IQ comes out to an estimated 140, which puts him in the top 1%.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/GREIQ.aspx

Bush by the way on a combined SAT score of 1206 comes out with an estimated IQ of 127-128.

So Gore can enter MENSA today based on his SAT score.
If Dubya has an IQ of 127 - 128 I'll swear to never cycle again. That looks like its off by 35 points.

Bro Deal said:
If Dubya has an IQ of 127 - 128 I'll swear to never cycle again. That looks like its off by 35 points.
I think he's sneaky smart. Smart enough to outwit enough people and have enough confidence in himself to carry the mantle. Dumb enough to trust both people and his first instincts without questioning things too much or looking for any complexities. Also dumb enough to think he knows most everything, so getting another expert opinion is only going to "muddle" things in his head. However, it should go without saying, that anyone who becomes a presidential candidate, or ends up with the job, has got a pretty big ego.

There are a lot of bright people (as determined by IQ tests:rolleyes: ) who don't have the attention span to apply it to anything analytical or requiring extended brain effort. IQ questions are typically snap, snap, snap. So as a result, you can score well if your mind is quick to see patterns and you have some spacial, numeric and verbal ability, but it doesn't test your ability to patiently study something in a deep fashion or apply systematic logic to a problem.

Bro Deal said:
We all know how fark feels about Duke.
If I have no prior allegiance, I will support (prostitute myself to) any team which will get up the nose of anyone in here and provide opportunity for humorous needling. :D

Wouldn't it be boring in here if everyone followed the same cycling team, thought Lance was a jerk, followed the same football teams, and generally agreed with everybody about everything? Don't you long-termers miss the glory argument days of Saluki, Musette, Bobke, etc. You can't have a fun debate without a dissenting view.

Come to think of that, I am now feeling like Lance was really a good guy, and has just been victimized by the Euro teams and establishment.:rolleyes:

Crankyfeet said:
If I have no prior allegiance, I will support (prostitute myself to) any team which will get up the nose of anyone in here and provide opportunity for humorous needling. :D

Wouldn't it be boring in here if everyone followed the same cycling team, thought Lance was a jerk, followed the same football teams, and generally agreed with everybody about everything? Don't you long-termers miss the glory argument days of Saluki, Musette, Bobke, etc. You can't have a fun debate without a dissenting view.

Come to think of that, I am now feeling like Lance was really a good guy, and has just been victimized by the Euro teams and establishment.:rolleyes:
That is in part because of the off-season. Once the grand tours of 2008 start, there is plenty of potential for more arguments and fights, especially with Disco repackaged as Astana on board.

Crankyfeet said:

Good one. Actually, he victimized them. Did their dope and didn't get caught. Got the UCI to run interference for him, by handing them a huge revenue stream. Walked away with millions, and left his closest competitor holding the doping bag.

I'd despise LA as well, if it weren't for the fact that the system he was cheating was utterly corrupt and incompetent. The UCI should have retired when he did.

JohnO said:
Good one. Actually, he victimized them. Did their dope and didn't get caught. Got the UCI to run interference for him, by handing them a huge revenue stream. Walked away with millions, and left his closest competitor holding the doping bag.

I'd despise LA as well, if it weren't for the fact that the system he was cheating was utterly corrupt and incompetent. The UCI should have retired when he did.
What was the huge revenue stream that UCI were handed (I suspect you don't mean the "donations" Lance made)?

I see this thread has evolved to election campaign - intelligence etc. thread.

But I must say Fuentes should be given a Nobel prize, if he makes a Tour de France champion from me. Results are the only merit for the prize... Not intellectual potential,
BTW, has anyone done KOG9 IQ test?
That's the test, I can tell you... But all remarks about cultural determination of IQ testing and testing methods are present for KOG9, as well as for all other tests.
I wouldn't comment SAT - IQ tests correlations... That's more dubious discussion than IQ discussion itself.
Happy New Year!

Edit:
I should have reformulate the first sentence of this reply (the part about election campaign, as Gore isn't candidate, but the point should be clear - politicians, their activity and prizes).

Andrija said:
BTW, has anyone done KOG9 IQ test?
That's the test, I can tell you... But all remarks about cultural determination of IQ testing and testing methods are present for KOG9, as well as for all other tests.
KOG9 test? Did not turn up anything on google.

TheDarkLord said:
KOG9 test? Did not turn up anything on google.
It can't be found on the Internet. It's official psychological measuring instrument and it's available only to professional psychologists for their work (clinical and research testings), as most of good tests are. That doesn't mean it can't be done recreationally... You just have to visit some psychology department on some university and ask them if they use it. If they don't - they surely know where you can do it. All statistical parameters (validity, confidentiality, discrimination) of this test are very high (in range from 0.85 to 0.96).
Because of it's volume, there's often in use, shorter, KOG3 version of the test. It's volume and complexity (some sub tests of the test are made of open type of questions, also there's mix of tests of durability (or speed) and strength) make it inappropriate for internet use... So, it's not professional vanity or some kind of top secret test, just practical, technical, thing.