Noisy Crank?!? Advice/opinion on Cateye double wireless cd300dw

RandyCramer92

Jul 14, 2013
I've got a DiamondBack Podium 3 and when I really force the crank to rotate and gain speed it makes a loud creak noise. Is this normal? Is it bad? Can I eliminate this sound?

Is the Cateye double wireless a good computer or is there a better choice at the $90 price range?

Regarding the creaking, it could be a pedal, it could be the bottom bracket, it could be the seating of the bottom bracket in the frame. If it goes away when you get off the saddle, it could be the saddlle or seat post. If this is a new Podium 3, then I'd take to to the dealer and have them resolve it. There is a warranty on this stuff.

Regarding the Cateye double wireless, it's a fine computer but it's susceptible to interference from TV sets, broadband signals, florescent lighting, and many other forms of electromagnetic disturbance. Turn off the electronics in the room if you're having trouble calibrating any wireless computer.

oldbobcat said:
Regarding the creaking, it could be a pedal, it could be the bottom bracket, it could be the seating of the bottom bracket in the frame. If it goes away when you get off the saddle, it could  be the saddlle or seat post. If this is a new Podium 3, then I'd take to to the dealer and have them resolve it. There is a warranty on this stuff. Regarding the Cateye double wireless, it's a fine computer but it's susceptible to interference from TV sets, broadband signals, florescent lighting, and many other forms of electromagnetic disturbance. Turn off the electronics in the room if you're having trouble calibrating any wireless computer.  
+ 1