Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Noisy Sturmey Archer Sprinter 7 Hub

Started by akoid1973 · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,756 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 July 2004
Last activity
29 July 2004
Original author
akoid1973
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,756
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've fitted a Sturmey Archer Sprinter 7 internally geared hud on my commuter bike. The gears change easily and I really like the range. The problem is 5th, 6th and 7th are making an awful dry grating noise which vibrates through the whole rear triangle. The hub has a coaster brake and some have suggested this might be the cause and I should oil the rollers. Before I attempt to open the hub and look inside I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem with this hub and if so would do they suggest. I have bought another hub in case this one's a lemon but would like to try to fix this one and keep the new one for spares.

    Cheers!

    Akoid1973

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.