Nokon Cable Routing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Agribob, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Agribob

    Agribob Guest

    The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under the
    handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this? Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?

    Thanks, Bob

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
    set
    > that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
    this?
    > Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
    >

    > Thanks, Bob

    I haven't used them, but can you say EXPENSIVE?

    Mike

  3. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:35:04 +0200, AGRIBOB wrote:

    > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under
    > the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this?
    Installation is not easy, but it can be done. You can see pictures of it here: http://www.bike-disc-
    ount.de/www/navfram.asp?uin=1397849781&nav=Mehrinfo&ArtikelID=5203&Kategorie2=58

    It is not recommended according to TOUR magazine to do it exactly like Campa.

    > Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
    Expensive, but leightweight and GOOD. It is used by ONCE on their Tour de France bikes. It exists in
    black and silver.

    Greets, Derk

  4. drukker-<< Expensive, but leightweight and GOOD. It is used by ONCE on their Tour de France bikes.
    It exists in black and silver.

    Biz partner tried it on his Calfee-works and weighs about the same-very expensive tho-

  5. "AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
    set
    > that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
    this?
    > Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
    >

    > Thanks, Bob

    Bob: I looked into the Nokon and MetaWire cables, but was put off by several comments on other
    boards how difficult and time consuming the installation was. Cost, of course, was a consideration
    and if I could have gained something, I would have done it. I couldn't, so I didn't. -Dave

  6. Gary Young

    Gary Young Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
    > set
    > > that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
    > this?
    > > Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
    > >

    > > Thanks, Bob
    >
    > I haven't used them, but can you say EXPENSIVE?

    They are awfully expensive, but it also seems like they would last a lifetime, as long as you can
    buy replacement liners. Can anyone comment on that?

  7. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

    On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:14:55 +0200, Gary Young wrote:

    > They are awfully expensive, but it also seems like they would last a lifetime, as long as you can
    > buy replacement liners. Can anyone comment on that?
    http://www.nokon.de/html/english/shop.html

  8. Alan

    Alan Guest

    > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under
    > the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this? Any comments on the Nokon cables in
    > general?

    The only thing I worry is it rubbing agains the frame and scratching the heck out of the paint
    and frame!

    alan