Nokon Cable Routing

Agribob

Guest
The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under the
handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this? Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?

Thanks, Bob

"AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
set
> that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
this?
> Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
>

> Thanks, Bob

I haven't used them, but can you say EXPENSIVE?

Mike

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:35:04 +0200, AGRIBOB wrote:

> The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under
> the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this?
Installation is not easy, but it can be done. You can see pictures of it here: http://www.bike-disc-
ount.de/www/navfram.asp?uin=1397849781&nav=Mehrinfo&ArtikelID=5203&Kategorie2=58

It is not recommended according to TOUR magazine to do it exactly like Campa.

> Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
Expensive, but leightweight and GOOD. It is used by ONCE on their Tour de France bikes. It exists in
black and silver.

Greets, Derk

drukker-<< Expensive, but leightweight and GOOD. It is used by ONCE on their Tour de France bikes.
It exists in black and silver.

Biz partner tried it on his Calfee-works and weighs about the same-very expensive tho-

"AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
set
> that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
this?
> Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
>

> Thanks, Bob

Bob: I looked into the Nokon and MetaWire cables, but was put off by several comments on other
boards how difficult and time consuming the installation was. Cost, of course, was a consideration
and if I could have gained something, I would have done it. I couldn't, so I didn't. -Dave

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:<QYQia.913$2d3.35@fed1read06>...
> "AGRIBOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing
> set
> > that can be run under the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done
> this?
> > Any comments on the Nokon cables in general?
> >

> > Thanks, Bob
>
> I haven't used them, but can you say EXPENSIVE?

They are awfully expensive, but it also seems like they would last a lifetime, as long as you can
buy replacement liners. Can anyone comment on that?

> The nokon website www.nokonusa.com says they have a STI cable/housing set that can be run under
> the handlebar tape ala Campy. Has anyone used/done this? Any comments on the Nokon cables in
> general?

The only thing I worry is it rubbing agains the frame and scratching the heck out of the paint
and frame!

alan