Nokon \ IRD aluminum cable housing

Chris M

Guest
I invested in 2 bikes worth of IRD aluminum cable housing a few years
ago. I have since been completely satisfied with every aspect of its
performance. The 2 minor problems I am having are that I can't find a
source for the replacement lining and some of the ferrules. The second
problem is that the ferrules are corroding from my sweat. Both cables
are under the bar tape and I ride in temps of frequent 100 + degrees. I
want to look in to anodizing and I want to know what happened with IRD
since they no longer sell these cables. I know Nokon sells anadized
versions but I am not sure if the outside diameter of the Nokon liners
will work w IRD ferrules.

TIA

I don't remember the company name, but a company stop selling the housing
due infringment on the patent of Nokon.

cel

news:[email protected]...

[email protected] wrote:
> I don't remember the company name, but a company stop selling the
> housing due infringment on the patent of Nokon.

Was it Aztec?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

[email protected] schrieb:
> I don't remember the company name, but a company stop selling the housing
> due infringment on the patent of Nokon.
>
> cel
>

> "Chris M" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I invested in 2 bikes worth of IRD aluminum cable housing a few years
>>ago. I have since been completely satisfied with every aspect of its
>>performance. The 2 minor problems I am having are that I can't find a
>>source for the replacement lining and some of the ferrules. The second
>>problem is that the ferrules are corroding from my sweat. Both cables
>>are under the bar tape and I ride in temps of frequent 100 + degrees. I
>>want to look in to anodizing and I want to know what happened with IRD
>>since they no longer sell these cables. I know Nokon sells anadized
>>versions but I am not sure if the outside diameter of the Nokon liners
>>will work w IRD ferrules.
>>
>>TIA

I think the company was Delta