Non-Candyass Prediction

Wayne

Guest
Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive for EPO.

P.S. Ullrich will finish second in the TdF.

"Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding news:[email protected]...
> Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive for EPO.
>
> P.S. Ullrich will finish second in the TdF.

What makes you think they test for EPO at the Spanish races? Pecha is the next Armstrong.

--
Roy Ellefsen

Roy Ellefsen wrote:

> "Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding news:[email protected]...
> > Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive for EPO.
> >
> > P.S. Ullrich will finish second in the TdF.
>
> What makes you think they test for EPO at the Spanish races? Pecha is the next Armstrong.
>
> --
> Roy Ellefsen

I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from the hematocrit. Am I
wrong? Has a test come out?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from
the hematocrit. Am I
> wrong? Has a test come out?

April 2001 - I think the Tour of Flanders was the first race they did EPO urine testing. Bo
Hamburger was the first rider to test positive. er, negative, er, positive. It was in (or just
after) La Fleche Wallonne that year.

Jeff

> I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from the hematocrit. Am I
> wrong? Has a test come out?
>
> Steve

Yes it is. They are able to make a distinction between epo of the own body and added epo.

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Roy Ellefsen wrote:
>
> > "Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding news:[email protected]...
> > > Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive for EPO.
> > >
> > > P.S. Ullrich will finish second in the TdF.
> >
> > What makes you think they test for EPO at the Spanish races? Pecha is the next Armstrong.
> >
> > --
> > Roy Ellefsen
>
> I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from the hematocrit. Am I
> wrong? Has a test come out?
>
> Steve

The blood test developed by the Australian institute of Sport apparently can detect indicators of
EPO use upto a month after it is used. It is used in conjunction with the urine test developed by
the French which apparently can reliably detect EPO use within 3 days. Neither test is dependant on
the haematocrit level. And both are approved for use by the UCI. There was a little bit of
controversy here in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics because apparently the blood test is far more
reliable in detecting EPO usage than the IOC was willing to credit.
http://www.ais.org.au/physiology/EPO2001.htm Garry Allen

Wayne wrote:

> >Am I wrong? Has a test come out?
>
> Yes and Yes.
>
> Wayne

Thank you for the concise answer.

Steve

--

Jeff Jones wrote:

> "Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from
> the hematocrit. Am I
> > wrong? Has a test come out?
> >
> April 2001 - I think the Tour of Flanders was the first race they did EPO urine testing. Bo
> Hamburger was the first rider to test positive. er, negative, er, positive. It was in (or just
> after) La Fleche Wallonne that year.
>
> Jeff

Thanks. Do you know if the test actually distinguishes Epogen from endogenous EPO, or is it a
threshold test, like for testosterone?

Steve

--

Garry Allen wrote:

> Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Roy Ellefsen wrote:
> >
> > > "Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > What makes you think they test for EPO at the Spanish races? Pecha is the next Armstrong.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Roy Ellefsen
> >
> > I thought there was no test for EPO as such; its presence is inferred from the hematocrit. Am I
> > wrong? Has a test come out?
> >
> > Steve
>
> The blood test developed by the Australian institute of Sport apparently can detect indicators of
> EPO use upto a month after it is used. It is used in conjunction with the urine test developed by
> the French which apparently can reliably detect EPO use within 3 days. Neither test is dependant
> on the haematocrit level. And both are approved for use by the UCI. There was a little bit of
> controversy here in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics because apparently the blood test is far
> more reliable in detecting EPO usage than the IOC was willing to credit.
> http://www.ais.org.au/physiology/EPO2001.htm Garry Allen

Thanks--this is very helpful!

Steve

--

Roy Ellefsen schreef:

> "Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding news:[email protected]...
> > Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive ....
> >

> ....... Pecha is the next Armstrong.

seems like one of you 2 will be very close to the truth.

Van Hoorebeeck Bart <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
[email protected]...

> Roy Ellefsen schreef:
>
> > "Wayne" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
news:[email protected]...
> > > Pecharroman will be the next person to test positive ....
> > >

> > ....... Pecha is the next Armstrong.
> >

> seems like one of you 2 will be very close to the truth.

Unless Armstrong will be the next person to test positive. Who'd be right then?

> The blood test developed by the Australian institute of Sport apparently can detect indicators of
> EPO use upto a month after it is used. It is used in conjunction with the urine test developed by
> the French which apparently can reliably detect EPO use within 3 days. Neither test is dependant
> on the haematocrit level. And both are approved for use by the UCI. There was a little bit of
> controversy here in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics because apparently the blood test is far
> more reliable in detecting EPO usage than the IOC was willing to credit.
> http://www.ais.org.au/physiology/EPO2001.htm Garry Allen

I had assumed the UCI was just using the French test that detected the drug b/c riders seems to
always say, "but I would have to have been an idiot to take it during blah, blah race because I know
it can be detected for 3 days and it was likely that I would be tested, etc."

I thought the Australian version looked at the age of the blood cells and inferred EPO usage from a
sudden spike in blood cells of a certain age, etc. Am I wrong about this? If I'm right, how do they
distinguish from a natural boost in EPO and red blood cells as one would expect to see after a trip
to altitude or use of a altitude test?

Thanks, Wayne

> Thanks. Do you know if the test actually distinguishes Epogen from endogenous EPO, or is it a
> threshold test, like for testosterone?

let's get real. if they win, they're on epo.

[email protected] (Wayne) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > The blood test developed by the Australian institute of Sport apparently can detect indicators
> > of EPO use upto a month after it is used. It is used in conjunction with the urine test
> > developed by the French which apparently can reliably detect EPO use within 3 days. Neither test
> > is dependant on the haematocrit level. And both are approved for use by the UCI. There was a
> > little bit of controversy here in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics because apparently the
> > blood test is far more reliable in detecting EPO usage than the IOC was willing to credit.
> > http://www.ais.org.au/physiology/EPO2001.htm Garry Allen
>
> I had assumed the UCI was just using the French test that detected the drug b/c riders seems to
> always say, "but I would have to have been an idiot to take it during blah, blah race because I
> know it can be detected for 3 days and it was likely that I would be tested, etc."
>
> I thought the Australian version looked at the age of the blood cells and inferred EPO usage from
> a sudden spike in blood cells of a certain age, etc. Am I wrong about this? If I'm right, how do
> they distinguish from a natural boost in EPO and red blood cells as one would expect to see after
> a trip to altitude or use of a altitude test?
>
> Thanks, Wayne

The original paper that was an outcome of the research can be found at
http://www.haematologica.it/full/pdf/85564.pdf In the conclusion they also looked at the use of
hypoxia (ie training at altitude or sue of an altitude tent) The on test had one false positive in
the first couple of days but the serum EPO drops after that resulting in no false positives after
that time. (see p8 of the paper) The off test ahd no false positives. I take it that the ratio of
the various blood components changes as a result of altitude training and that this ratio is
different to that that results when someone uses epo (or any of the other epo like drugs) (It is
probably also worth noting that Mike Murray or even AVA is probably the man to talk about this as
the last human biology I did was in year 10 at school ) Garry Allen

1. Lance
2. Tyler
3. Jan I would've put Jan second but I think Riis will get into his head and keep Tyler protected
well enough to take the number two spot on the podium. Bill C

"Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nope. Pecharroman is the next Indurain.
>
> I think Rogers is going to win the Tour.

Rogers could be the real thing. It would be nice to see Australians taking Yellow and Dots
into Paris.

> "Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Nope. Pecharroman is the next Indurain.
> >
> > I think Rogers is going to win the Tour.
>
> Rogers could be the real thing. It would be nice to see Australians taking Yellow and Dots
> into Paris.

Correction, Yellow and Green. But at the rate that they're coming over to Europe, Dots may
be coming.