Non-cycling cycling clothes

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Gotte, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Fritodog

Fritodog New Member

Better start keeping your eyes on the road instead of what other guys look like
    or you might smack light pole and wreck your p.o.s.

2. atomship47

atomship47 New Member

another vote for the walmart "dri-release" clothing by "athletic works." and they're starting to go on sale this time of year (in the northern hemisphere).

one drawback to these clothes (or a positive depending upon how you look at it) is that, not only do they draw moisture away from your body, but they draw "stink" away from it too. buy some extra large zip-loc bags to put them in until you can wash them.

i also found some "starter" ankle-high socks that are vented. they have extra material above the heal so they don't fall down into your shoes. i also found some "avia" running shoes that are reflective and vented. my feet stay pretty cool during rides.

shirt, shorts, socks and shoes on a ride cost me about $45 total.

3. Fritodog

Fritodog New Member

You would spend that much on sox at a Bike Shop

4. cycling_jedi

cycling_jedi New Member

damn dude... I am joking with you... that is what we do in this forum... try not to have such an attitude.

5. Fritodog

Fritodog New Member

Just jokin with you...couldn't you tell?

6. bluemarlinchef2

bluemarlinchef2 New Member

Now, Now Children!!

I just ride for fitness and to regain my health since I have been diagnosed with a severe digestive illness. This has caused me to be skinny which makes me self concious about what I wear especially when it comes to cycling gear:eek:

So I wear running gear instead. Usually Nike Dri-Fit shorts & shirts.
    I also wear padded cycling shorts under my running shorts which make for a comfortable ride. My shirts are usually sleevless zip up shirts or short sleeve T-shirts. The clothing I wear is not too loose as to be flopping in the wind. They just fit snuggly and don't make me look like a stick figure riding down the road:D

My shoes are flat soled Nike Free running type. They are very lightweight and comfortable for how I ride!!

Man, now that I think about it......I should start running too....I got the gear for it!!;)

I guess I just like the way running clothing fits me. If I get serious about riding then I know it will be necessary to upgrade to riding gear.

7. nomotornozen

nomotornozen New Member

And if you put the stinky wicking clothes in with your regular clothes and let them sit there until it's time to do laundry again, your regular clothes will have absorbed a lot of that stink. I keep them seperate or rinse them out first to keep that from happening again.
    I've been using the dry fit and duo dry ($12 from Target and it's got retroreflective piping on the sides) this summer, and love the way they keep me cooler. I've used them while motorcycling too, and they work great there under the rest of my gear. I just got my first pair of bicycle shorts tonight, and am wondering how long it's going to take for them to feel normal now that I've pushed the dorkyness envelope even further.

8. Bob Ross

Bob Ross New Member

How about when you're buggering your cellmate in your WalMart t-shirt?

9. Gotte

Gotte New Member

I suspect the time to worr y is when your cellmate is buggering you - unless of course, it's concentual. Hey, how did we get here, anyway?

10. Fritodog

Fritodog New Member

GADZOOKS!

Get on your bike, do what you like.
    Washing machines cure all.
    Wear what's comfortable for you.:D

11. BillM

BillM New Member

What happens in the cell....stays in the cell.