Non-exercise HRs

frenchyge

Apr 3, 2005
Does anyone wear their HRMs during other activites besides exercise? What HRs have you seen during activities like having sex, watching a scary movie, skydiving, watching TdF, scuba diving in a shark cage, discussing HR on an internet forum, etc?

frenchyge said:
Does anyone wear their HRMs during other activites besides exercise? What HRs have you seen during activities like having sex, watching a scary movie, skydiving, watching TdF, scuba diving in a shark cage, discussing HR on an internet forum, etc?
I only check my HR when I'm checking out this forum because it rockets alarmingly high.

Today it's hovering around 330bpm!:D

C'mon, no one's worn their HRM while they're gettin jiggy wit it? I'm curious to know if HR is affected by cadence...

frenchyge said:
C'mon, no one's worn their HRM while they're gettin jiggy wit it? I'm curious to know if HR is affected by cadence...
Of course I do what do you think!

And I am glad since I will now be able to input this valuable data in wko+, create PMCs, figure out my peaks and ATL

I am planning a peak for Valentine's day :cool:

Never used the HRM, but, given its limitations, shouldn't we be exploring some way to rig up a power meter. Do watts translate into pleasure? A power sensing hub, provided it vibrated a bit, might be just the trick.

frenchyge said:
I have, sure. Guilty as charged. I've worn one mainly while doing indoor housework and yard work.

During housework my HR gets high enough during mopping the kitchen floor and vacuuming the carpet to actually qualify as a recovery workout. Taking out the trash and recycle cans gets my HR fairly high. Cutting the grass (with push mower not riding mower!) also classifies as exercise, especially in the summer heat. And the king of them all ... shoveling snow! Talk about a workout.

I also wear an HRM when in the gym lifting weights. By supersetting exercises I can kill two birds with one stone in that I can get in some strength training while keeping my HR between 70% - 80%. Of course, for someone who wishes to maximize their limit strength training they're better off using more weight and taking some extra rest between sets.

Doctor Morbius said:
Silly rabbit. :D
Not like I have the choice... Last year though my time to exhaustion increased by 2.20 minutes (13.4 to 15.6 minutes), my max cadence has suffered a significant drop (138spm to 83spm). But I blame this disapointing result on that funny "almond and vanilla smell" all over the course. That might had a buffering effect both epinephrine and testosterone levels.

frenchyge said:
Hmmm, now there's an interesting experiment. But where would you mount the handlebars? :D

I have found that I can hit 90% of LT while arguing with my wife. Does that count as aerobic exercise?