Non-food New Years resolution

AngieRose

Guest
Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this group
so what if any will your resolution be?

what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
didnt last but a day or week.

My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to a
stranger a day

Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your dress")
but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I like to
renew it...

When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't last
very long maybe a week or two lol

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this
> group
> so what if any will your resolution be?
>
> what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> didnt last but a day or week.
>
> My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to a
> stranger a day
>
> Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your dress")
> but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I like
> renew it...
>
> When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't last
> very long maybe a week or two lol

My resolution will be to send money to Asia. There are people over there
suffering because of that damn earthquake and tsunami.

People surviving there are without food, water, or shelter. We can help.

In article <[email protected]>,
"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this group
> so what if any will your resolution be?
>
> what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> didnt last but a day or week.

Keeping super-organized. It looks nice when I have all the clothes folded
in the dresser drawers, but as soon as I need something on the bottom it
gets all jumbled again.

> My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to a
> stranger a day
>
> Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your dress")
> but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I like to
> renew it...
>
> When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't last
> very long maybe a week or two lol

I have no idea what my resolution(s) will be. I'm doing ok on the diet and
exercise. Needs improvement, but it's already improving gradually without
major effort, it's just all becoming habit. Already quit smoking. I need
to quit cutting my cuticles off, just let them grow out all raggedy and get
a manicure. Hard to do that. I should floss more too.

--
Michelle Levin
http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

"Jim Bard" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this
> > group
> > so what if any will your resolution be?
> >
> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> > didnt last but a day or week.
> >
> > My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to

> > stranger a day
> >
> > Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your

dress")
> > but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I

like
> > renew it...
> >
> > When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> > instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't

last
> > very long maybe a week or two lol
> >

> My resolution will be to send money to Asia. There are people over there
> suffering because of that damn earthquake and tsunami.
>
> People surviving there are without food, water, or shelter. We can help.

you're a very kind-hearted person... I like that

Angie

"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this

group
> > so what if any will your resolution be?
> >
> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> > didnt last but a day or week.

> Keeping super-organized. It looks nice when I have all the clothes folded
> in the dresser drawers, but as soon as I need something on the bottom it
> gets all jumbled again.
>

> > My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to

> > stranger a day
> >
> > Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your

dress")
> > but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I

like to
> > renew it...
> >
> > When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> > instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't

last
> > very long maybe a week or two lol
> >

> I have no idea what my resolution(s) will be. I'm doing ok on the diet

and
> exercise. Needs improvement, but it's already improving gradually without
> major effort, it's just all becoming habit. Already quit smoking. I need
> to quit cutting my cuticles off, just let them grow out all raggedy and

get
> a manicure. Hard to do that. I should floss more too.
>
> --
> Michelle Levin
> http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick
>
> I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.

you have done a lot for your well being this year maybe you should make your
resolution a spa-manicure once a month or every 2 weeks...

Angie

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this group
> so what if any will your resolution be?
>
> what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> didnt last but a day or week.

That would have to be getting engaged to and moving in with an
emotionally abusive sociopath back in 1985. Every time I read that Ann
Rule has a new book coming out I wonder if he's going to be the subject
of it.

--
Saffire
205/145/125 - 5'1.5"

My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.

--
You take stupid to a new level. -- MFW

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this
> group
> so what if any will your resolution be?
>
> what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> didnt last but a day or week.
>
> My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to a
> stranger a day
>
> Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your dress")
> but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I like
> renew it...
>
> When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't last
> very long maybe a week or two lol

"Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Working in a nursing home must suck, big-time.

I am a care giver at heart but nursing homes are under staffed and under
paid
i still loved taking care of most of the residents but after my mom passed
away
from colon cancer at the age of 48 I couldn't take it anymore so now I take
care
of animals (not a vet tech I could never put a healthy dog down and
sometimes
they have to)... once again its an underpaid job but I love it.

> I don't generally make New Years resolutions, but this year I may plan to
> watch less TV, and read more books.

I don't like to give things up but I like to improve myself in other ways

Angie

> Cubit
> 311/200/165
>
> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this

> group
> > so what if any will your resolution be?
> >
> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> > didnt last but a day or week.
> >
> > My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment to

> > stranger a day
> >
> > Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your

dress")
> > but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I

like
> > renew it...
> >
> > When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
> > instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't

last
> > very long maybe a week or two lol

"Saffire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this

group
> > so what if any will your resolution be?
> >
> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid or
> > didnt last but a day or week.

> That would have to be getting engaged to and moving in with an
> emotionally abusive sociopath back in 1985. Every time I read that Ann
> Rule has a new book coming out I wonder if he's going to be the subject
> of it.

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that.

Angie

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.

That's not a resolution; that's your motto.

Marsha/Ohio

JC Der Koenig wrote:

> "Marsha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>JC Der Koenig wrote:
>>
>>>My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.
>>>

>>That's not a resolution; that's your motto.
>>

> I'm resolute.

And a few other things, but we won't get into that : )

Marsha/Ohio

says...
> JC Der Koenig wrote:
> > My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.
> >

> That's not a resolution; that's your motto.

No, his resolution is to hurt and anger as many newbies as possible,
with extra points to himself for twisting the knife to people with major
life crises. For him to say he tells the "truth" to people with no
sugar on top is PILING sugar on top of ****.

--
Saffire
205/145/125 - 5'1.5"

Still upset because I turned you down?

--

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> Still upset because I turned you down?

No. I'm not upset, but your still a fatso! Exercise more

JC Der Koenig wrote:
> "Marsha" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>JC Der Koenig wrote:
>>
>>>My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.
>>>

>>That's not a resolution; that's your motto.
>>

> I'm resolute.

JC is a tard! now that's a motto LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jim Bard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this
>> > group
>> > so what if any will your resolution be?
>> >
>> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid
>> > or
>> > didnt last but a day or week.
>> >
>> > My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment

>> > stranger a day
>> >
>> > Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your

> dress")
>> > but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I

> like
>> > renew it...
>> >
>> > When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
>> > instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't

> last
>> > very long maybe a week or two lol
>> >

>> My resolution will be to send money to Asia. There are people over there
>> suffering because of that damn earthquake and tsunami.
>>
>> People surviving there are without food, water, or shelter. We can help.
>>

> you're a very kind-hearted person... I like that
>
> Angie

You don't have to be all that generous. You can send just 10 or 20 dollars.
It won't make all that much difference, but if we all do it, it makes all
the difference in the world.

http://www.donate.ifrc.org/

You're not a bad person if you don't have the money or don't want to do it.
If you can do it, those people over there need it. For some of them, it
might make the difference between life and death. I know how hard it is to
donate, so I won't mention it again.

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jim Bard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Ok so low-carb is a life long resolution so that would be out for this
>> > group
>> > so what if any will your resolution be?
>> >
>> > what was the worst resolution you ever made? one that was just stupid
>> > or
>> > didnt last but a day or week.
>> >
>> > My resolution will be the same as always give at least one compliment

>> > stranger a day
>> >
>> > Yes I do this all year round (stop someone in a shop "I like your

> dress")
>> > but tend to slip from the every day thing to a every week thing so I

> like
>> > renew it...
>> >
>> > When I was a CNA at a nursing home, I once tried saying I love my job
>> > instead of I hate my job... it gave me a better outlook but it didn't

> last
>> > very long maybe a week or two lol
>> >

>> My resolution will be to send money to Asia. There are people over there
>> suffering because of that damn earthquake and tsunami.
>>
>> People surviving there are without food, water, or shelter. We can help.
>>

> you're a very kind-hearted person... I like that
>
> Angie

And I want to say, thank you very much, Angie!

"Saffire" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> says...
>> JC Der Koenig wrote:
>> > My resolution is to tell the truth to people, with no sugar on top.
>> >

>> That's not a resolution; that's your motto.

> No, his resolution is to hurt and anger as many newbies as possible,
> with extra points to himself for twisting the knife to people with major
> life crises. For him to say he tells the "truth" to people with no
> sugar on top is PILING sugar on top of ****.
>
> --
> Saffire
> 205/145/125 - 5'1.5"
> Atkins since 6/14/03
> Progress photo: http://photos.yahoo.com/saffire333

Saffire, if I can't marry you, I sure do want to know you. You are more
than a treat, you are a BUDDY! Thanks for your thoughts!