NON-FRENCH TIRES

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gocycle, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Gocycle

    Gocycle Guest

    I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.

    I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    another country that is of good quality? Thank you, Luigi

    Tags:

  2. >From: [email protected]

    >I would prefer not to purchase French made tires

    You are an ass.

    George F. Johnson

  3. >From: [email protected]

    >You are an ass.

    Sorry, I take that back. I'm not going to lower myself to these levels. You have my apology, but I
    can't help you on the non-French tires.

    George F. Johnson

  4. Joshua Curd

    Joshua Curd Guest

    I believe Continentals are German. Not much better, but they aren't French.

    "GoCycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality? Thank you, Luigi

  5. Richard Ney

    Richard Ney Guest

    GoCycle writes:

    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality?

    Avocet Road tires are quite good. And you can buy them direct from Avocet.

  6. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    I almost forgot, no more wheels with mavic rims, SRAM chains.....

    Andres

  7. Andresmuro

    Andresmuro Guest

    I don't know where Avocet is from, but it sounds quite French, so we need to boycott it too. Lets
    not watch the Tour the France, No more French Vanilla ice-cream. Down with the Grand Prix. No more
    driving Chevrolets. Lets not drink any more Pasteurized milk and beer, and don't forget that you are
    only allowed lip to lip kissing.

    I had already mentioned returning the statue of Liberty, the washington monumet and not going to DC
    anymore. I have to go to louissiana in May, but I may have to cancel that trip..

    Andres

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "GoCycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality? Thank you, Luigi

    That's it Luigi, hit 'em where it hurts!!!!!

    Mike - still gonna buy my new Mavic 321's

  9. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "GoCycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality?

    It was not all that long ago (1970s) that I was excoriated regularly in my shop for selling
    Inoue/IRC and Panaracer Japanese tires and other Japanese products. We still carry them. Both
    companies supply a nice range of road and MTB tires in various styles at various prices.

    When I had just started working here, the manager, Sean Morris, was asked by a customer for a patch
    kit. Sean handed him a Maruni/Earth brand Japanese patch kit. The customer said he couldn't buy that
    because of "the whales". Sean picked up a Rema kit and asked "World War II?, six million Jews?". The
    customer took the German one.

    You can really go too far with this stuff. In fact the poor slobs making bicycle goods are hardly in
    a position to influence national policy. And what country or group _is_ pure enough?

  10. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

  11. In article <[email protected]>, GoCycle <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    >I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    >another country that is of good quality?

    Continental.

    Deutschland über alles
    --
    every Year, and such Meeting shall be on the first Monday in December, unless they shall by Law
    appoint a different Day.

  12. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    another country that is of good quality? Thank you, Luigi >>

    Veloflex-Italy Vittoria-Thailand Vredestein-Netherlands

  13. Rich Clark

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Drew Eckhardt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, GoCycle
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    > >
    > >I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > >another country that is of good quality?
    >
    > Continental.
    >
    > Deutschland über alles

    Is that why my last pair of TT2k's were stamped "Made in Thailand"?

    RichC

  14. Jobst Brandt

    Jobst Brandt Guest

    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/wild/birds/avocet.htm

    > Nice tires, too. I use the duros.

    On that same line, there are more good shots under "Avocet" at:

    http://elib.cs.berkeley.edu/photos/fauna/com-Bird.html

    The original Avocet logo was a linoleum cut from a Christmas Card I made in 1973 that my friends who
    run Avocet thought was a good emblem. I usually make a linoleum-cut bird motif for a Christmas card
    because there are so many lovely and distinctive birds from which to choose, be they the Stelvio
    eagle or the lowly "Trogoladytes trogoladytes" the Winter wren:

    http://birds.cornell.edu/BOW/WINWRE/

  15. [email protected] wrote:
    : David Reuteler writes:
    :> Just to chime in... Avocet is from California, a state that often is (and rightfully so!)
    :> picked on.

    Subtle.
    --
    david reuteler [email protected]

  16. You can buy "Freedom Tires" made by the Bush and Rumsfeld company of Washington DC from recycled
    Iraqi Presidential buttocks.

  17. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    "GoCycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality? Thank you, Luigi

    Boy, I like this newsgroup. Vivre la France and God bless America.

    Lou

  18. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    A Muzi wrote:

    > SRAM chain is made in Portugal, a country not usually picked on.

    Portugal! Arn't they the ones responsible for the mess in Angola, Mozambique and East Timor?

    And how many people have been killed by the portuguese man-o-war? Boycott now!

  19. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "GoCycle" wrote:

    > I is time to purchase numerous tires as the long winter has ended.
    >
    > I would prefer not to purchase French made tires. Can somebody please list tires manufactured in
    > another country that is of good quality?

    If you'd prefer to buy tires made in the country that attacked the US at Pearl Harbor, you have
    several choices. IRC and Avocet are good.

    Art Harris