non leather brooks like saddle

joetronic

Aug 23, 2005
I'm looking for a saddle that has some of the comfort/characteristics of a brooks swift. I will not use anything made from leather, so I'm trying to find a saddle that feels like this, but has had no animals die for it. before anyone asks, yes I am a vegan.

TIA
Joe

That might be a tough one because I think a lot of the "good" saddles use a leather cover. Some are "simulated" (fake) leather though. The Selle San Marco Regal was a good plastic saddle with a "Brooks-like" shape and appearance but I don't know if it had a real leather cover or not. And I don't think they make that model anymore so you'd have to resort to eBay (or the like) to find one. Good luck!

meehs said:
That might be a tough one because I think a lot of the "good" saddles use a leather cover. Some are "simulated" (fake) leather though. The Selle San Marco Regal was a good plastic saddle with a "Brooks-like" shape and appearance but I don't know if it had a real leather cover or not. And I don't think they make that model anymore so you'd have to resort to eBay (or the like) to find one. Good luck!
thanks. I'll look that one up. I just like the feel of the swift.

You won't get the exact characteristics out of anything but leather. And just think about how many animals die from the pollution created by plastic manufacturing.

joetronic said:
I'm looking for a saddle that has some of the comfort/characteristics of a brooks swift. I will not use anything made from leather, so I'm trying to find a saddle that feels like this, but has had no animals die for it. before anyone asks, yes I am a vegan.

TIA
Joe
Have you seen/heard about the Saddleco Flow? It's made in a manner similar to a Brooks, Ideale or other "tensioned leather" saddles, but uses a composite mesh tensioned over the frame.

http://www.saddleco.com/how.html

They are not cheap ($100 and up), but neither is a Brooks Swift and, AFAIK, they are 100% leather free. There is a rider weight limit of 200 lbs.

Richard
ozarkbicycleservice.com

PS- I don't sell Saddleco products, nor am I in any way connected with Saddleco.

Ozark Bicycle said:
Have you seen/heard about the Saddleco Flow? It's made in a manner similar to a Brooks, Ideale or other "tensioned leather" saddles, but uses a composite mesh tensioned over the frame.

http://www.saddleco.com/how.html

They are not cheap ($100 and up), but neither is a Brooks Swift and, AFAIK, they are 100% leather free. There is a rider weight limit of 200 lbs.

Richard
ozarkbicycleservice.com

PS- I don't sell Saddleco products, nor am I in any way connected with Saddleco.
Thanks, I might have to check one of those out.

and what of that squirrel i nailed near the bottom of the descent?
probably did not have an opinion on my selle san marco rolls titanio...

artmichalek said:
You won't get the exact characteristics out of anything but leather. And just think about how many animals die from the pollution created by plastic manufacturing.