Non-riding Tricks

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling archive' started by Rangerforrest, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. A month ago I found a picture of a guy balancing his uni on
    his chin. I was inspired and have recently begun to get the
    hang of doing the same. I find this is a neat random thing
    to do with my unicycle and it would break things up well in
    a show. Does anyone else have any good tricks that they have
    heard of that do not involve actually riding the uni?

    (I do ride and love it, I am not just some nut who walks
    around with a unicycle just for looks.)

    --
    RangerForrest - Isolated Unicyclist
    RangerForrest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5539

  2. Hopeful

    Hopeful Guest

    dance with it (works best with giraffes)... tango, flamenco,
    swing... as long as it's consistent...

    --
    hopeful - revelling in the glory of 700c

    a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

    Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
    hopeful's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4470

  3. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:20:07 -0600, "RangerForrest" wrote:

    >Does anyone else have any good tricks that they have heard
    >of that do not involve actually riding the uni?

    I know a guy who can swing and rotate his frame. He holds
    the wheel at the rim in front of himself, with both hands
    placed 180 deg apart, while the frame hangs down. A few
    starting swings and then the frame goes round and round.
    Requires some precisely timed grabbing and ungrabbing of the
    rim, or a painful frame/hand collision occurs.

    (The same guy also balances the uni on his chin as you
    described.)

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    I think profile should make some stronger 145mm cranks -
    Ryan Atkins