Non standard upright bicycle frames

Michael Green

Guest
Can anyone point me to a source of information on the various non
diamond frames that were made a few years back. (I believe that UCI
regulations made these frame types 'illegal'). Ta.

Michael Green wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a source of information on the various non
> diamond frames that were made a few years back. (I believe that UCI
> regulations made these frame types 'illegal'). Ta.

www.softride.com

I love mine! And, yes, they are legal for triathlon and I think time
trials too.

Michael Green wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a source of information on the various non
> diamond frames that were made a few years back. (I believe that UCI
> regulations made these frame types 'illegal'). Ta.

I think the rule was aimed at non-diamond frames as used in TTs by Zulle,
Indurain, Boardman et al. I can't recall seeing any beamers in the pro
races. AFAIU bikes have to have a diamond frame and equal size wheels so
those cool low-pro bikes from the late eighties are outlawed. There are
rules regarding the position of the saddle relative the BB to prevent Obree
style machines being used too. I have some cool pictures taken before the
1989 TT, of Bugno, Indurain and Delgado arriving on their low-pros, complete
with backpacks containing their lunch no doubt !

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Michael Green wrote:
> > Can anyone point me to a source of information on the various non
> > diamond frames that were made a few years back. (I believe that UCI
> > regulations made these frame types 'illegal'). Ta.

> www.softride.com
>
> I love mine! And, yes, they are legal for triathlon and I think time
> trials too.

UCI don't alow them in any form of racing, and you won't be able to
race ITU elite. But should you be selected for the olympic tri squad,
I'm sure someone will lend you a bike ...

LGF