Non standard upright bicycle frames

Michael Green

Guest
Can anyone point me to a source of information on the
various non diamond frames that were made a few years back.
(I believe that UCI regulations made these frame types
'illegal'). Ta.

Michael Green wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a source of information on the
> various non diamond frames that were made a few years
> back. (I believe that UCI regulations made these frame
> types 'illegal'). Ta.

www.softride.com

I love mine! And, yes, they are legal for triathlon and I
think time trials too.

Michael Green wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a source of information on the
> various non diamond frames that were made a few years
> back. (I believe that UCI regulations made these frame
> types 'illegal'). Ta.

I think the rule was aimed at non-diamond frames as used in
TTs by Zulle, Indurain, Boardman et al. I can't recall
seeing any beamers in the pro races. AFAIU bikes have to
have a diamond frame and equal size wheels so those cool low-
pro bikes from the late eighties are outlawed. There are
rules regarding the position of the saddle relative the BB
to prevent Obree style machines being used too. I have some
cool pictures taken before the 1989 TT, of Bugno, Indurain
and Delgado arriving on their low-pros, complete with
backpacks containing their lunch no doubt !

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Michael Green wrote:
> > Can anyone point me to a source of information on the
> > various non diamond frames that were made a few years
> > back. (I believe that UCI regulations made these frame
> > types 'illegal'). Ta.
>
> www.softride.com
>
> I love mine! And, yes, they are legal for triathlon and I
> think time trials too.

UCI don't alow them in any form of racing, and you won't be
able to race ITU elite. But should you be selected for the
olympic tri squad, I'm sure someone will lend you a bike ...

LGF