noobie looking for advice please

kizzel32

Apr 10, 2006
hi, looking for my first bike. i'm 23, active, 6'6'', 245lbs. and looking to spend 400-500usd or so. probably ride mostly light or easier trails to moderate. with some road riding mixed in. not worried about the drawbacks of an off road bike on the road though. just wondering if anyone had any info, knowledge, advice, or suggestions they could throw my way as to size, type, brand of bike.
thanks,

hellooo??... anybody here? any advice would be very appreciated. thanks in advance!

kizzel32 said:
hi, looking for my first bike. i'm 23, active, 6'6'', 245lbs. and looking to spend 400-500usd or so. probably ride mostly light or easier trails to moderate. with some road riding mixed in. not worried about the drawbacks of an off road bike on the road though. just wondering if anyone had any info, knowledge, advice, or suggestions they could throw my way as to size, type, brand of bike.
thanks,
The best thing to do is visit a couple of local bike shops. Tell them what kind of riding you want to do and see what they recommend. See this thread for my recommendations to another "larger" rider: http://cyclingforums.com/t329540.html