Noosa Crit

Gags

Guest
Did anyone see the Noosa Multisport weekend crit on telly today?? I just
caught the last couple of minutes and saw Robbie McEwan do a bit of a sprint
off the front "just for the crowd" and then said he was done in......coming
up to the last corner, he was still in the hunt and the finish line was
pretty well in the middle of a left hand corner......some other Qld rider
(can't recall name) had the race won, raised his left hand in the air, and
Robbie made a lunge for the line and won by about 2 rims or so.

It was hysterical......this guy had his fist raised and then McKewan lunged
past him on the line and raised his fist in the air......priceless.

"And the Noosa Tool of the weekend goes to........"

Was also pretty impressed with Robbie's victory mono when he went one hand
and gave the V for victory.......how sweet it is.

Ride On (and all the way to the line),

Gags

Gags said:
Was also pretty impressed with Robbie's victory mono when he went one hand and gave the V for victory.......how sweet it is.

Ride On (and all the way to the line),

Gags

whichever BR rider nails a win at Kew first has to do that. I dares ya! :D

Gags said:
Was also pretty impressed with Robbie's victory mono when he went one hand and gave the V for victory.......how sweet it is.

Ride On (and all the way to the line),

Gags

We saw Robbie today too, down at the crits in Docklands. When past real fast. We mean, yellow blur. :D
More here: http://www.cyclingevents.com.au/

"Gags" <gags_44nospamatnospamtpg.com.au> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> pretty well in the middle of a left hand corner......some other Qld rider
> (can't recall name) had the race won, raised his left hand in the air, and
> Robbie made a lunge for the line and won by about 2 rims or so.
>
> It was hysterical......this guy had his fist raised and then McKewan
> lunged
> past him on the line and raised his fist in the air......priceless.

It's happened before and it'll happen again..
Still such a cringing moment, throwing away a victory like that.
Didn't Zabel do it?

> Was also pretty impressed with Robbie's victory mono when he went one hand
> and gave the V for victory.......how sweet it is.

I knew I should've spent more time riding BMX..

non hand raising hippy

hippy said:
It's happened before and it'll happen again..
Still such a cringing moment, throwing away a victory like that.
Didn't Zabel do it?

Freire pipped him. Of all the races to do it in too, San Remo. It basically summed up his whole season really.

oely wrote:
> hippy Wrote:
>

>>It's happened before and it'll happen again..
>>Still such a cringing moment, throwing away a victory like that.
>>Didn't Zabel do it?
>>

> Freire pipped him. Of all the races to do it in too, San Remo. It
> basically summed up his whole season really.

At least Zabel admitted it was a silly mistake. He was very
good humoured about it.

--
Nick

"NickZX6R" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> oely wrote:
> > hippy Wrote:
> >

> >>It's happened before and it'll happen again..
> >>Still such a cringing moment, throwing away a victory like that.
> >>Didn't Zabel do it?
> >>

> > Freire pipped him. Of all the races to do it in too, San Remo. It
> > basically summed up his whole season really.
> >

> At least Zabel admitted it was a silly mistake. He was very
> good humoured about it.
>
> --
> Nick

I remember seeing on TV a year or so ago a stage in an Australian race where
a guy throws up his hands at the finish line, loses control and cartwheels
across the line. I reckon that guy must have felt an idiot too. I never get
to win races so I don't know what I'd do in that situation.

Are there rules about riding "no hands" in races?

Marty

"Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I remember seeing on TV a year or so ago a stage in an Australian race

where
> a guy throws up his hands at the finish line, loses control and cartwheels
> across the line. I reckon that guy must have felt an idiot too. I never

get
> to win races so I don't know what I'd do in that situation.
>
> Are there rules about riding "no hands" in races?

AFAIK there is a rule (maybe only Blackburn CC?) that
mentions fines for riders who lift there hands off the bars
after a finish. It is only a small fine and I think it would
usually be ignored. Perhaps it is only used when something
goes wrong or as a minor discouragement..
Wanna win? Keep you hands on the bars :)

hippy

news:p[email protected]...
> "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I remember seeing on TV a year or so ago a stage in an Australian race

> where
> > a guy throws up his hands at the finish line, loses control and

cartwheels
> > across the line. I reckon that guy must have felt an idiot too. I never

> get
> > to win races so I don't know what I'd do in that situation.
> >
> > Are there rules about riding "no hands" in races?

> AFAIK there is a rule (maybe only Blackburn CC?) that
> mentions fines for riders who lift there hands off the bars
> after a finish. It is only a small fine and I think it would
> usually be ignored. Perhaps it is only used when something
> goes wrong or as a minor discouragement..
> Wanna win? Keep you hands on the bars :)
>
> hippy

Hi Hippy,

I think that is across the board for Club racing.

Kev

"K&C Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I remember seeing on TV a year or so ago a stage in an Australian race

> > where
> > > a guy throws up his hands at the finish line, loses control and

> cartwheels
> > > across the line. I reckon that guy must have felt an idiot too. I

never
> > get
> > > to win races so I don't know what I'd do in that situation.
> > >
> > > Are there rules about riding "no hands" in races?

> > AFAIK there is a rule (maybe only Blackburn CC?) that
> > mentions fines for riders who lift there hands off the bars
> > after a finish. It is only a small fine and I think it would
> > usually be ignored. Perhaps it is only used when something
> > goes wrong or as a minor discouragement..
> > Wanna win? Keep you hands on the bars :)
> >
> > hippy
> >

> Hi Hippy,
>
> I think that is across the board for Club racing.
>
> Kev

Here you go.
http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/d...nsol_reg/rtc2000113/s211.html?query=^+bicycle

Apparently riding no hands is illegal. At least in WA anyway.

Marty

Back when I was a member of a roadie club, there was a guy who used to always throw his arms in the air, Cipollini style whenever he won a club race. He thought he was a bit of a God.

I was thinking of going back and trying my hardest to win Z grade and throwing my hands in the air as I beat all my 90-year-old opponents across the line... what a victory!