Noosa Triathlon on Channel 10 1:00PM Sunday 9 Jan 05

JH

Guest
Noosa Triathlon on Channel 10 (Australia) 1PM Sunday 9 Jan 05 - check local
guides

hippy wrote:
> "JH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Noosa Triathlon on Channel 10 (Australia) 1PM Sunday 9 Jan 05 - check
>>local guides

> Also covered the support criterium with McEwan..
>
> hippy

How embarrassing was the end of the crit for the guy who came second.
For those that didn't see it he did a victory fist in the air as he
approached the line and McEwan snuck past on the line.

I felt sorry for the teams in the triathlon. One team was made up of Ky
Hurst, Robbie McEwan and Steve Monaghetti. How intimidating to start the
ride and see the green TDF jersey beside you (he did the 40km in 50 mins).

DaveB

DaveB said:
How intimidating to start the
ride and see the green TDF jersey beside you (he did the 40km in 50 mins).

DaveB

Wimp! :D

that's only an average of 48kph! Musta had those speedos pulled up way-tight!

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> DaveB Wrote:
>> How intimidating to start the
>> ride and see the green TDF jersey beside you (he did the 40km in 50
>> mins).
>>
>> DaveB

> Wimp! :D
>
> that's only an average of 48kph! Musta had those speedos pulled up
> way-tight!

Only 48kph?

hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
> DaveB Wrote:
>
>>How intimidating to start the
>>ride and see the green TDF jersey beside you (he did the 40km in 50
>>mins).
>>
>>DaveB

> Wimp! :D
>
> that's only an average of 48kph! Musta had those speedos pulled up
> way-tight!

I reckon those poor lost souls he had to ride through probably slowed
him down a bit. I've never seen so much carnage at the start of a cycle
leg. It was as if the majority had never actually got on a bike before.
Maybe they all went clipless for the first time.

DaveB

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> hippy Wrote:
>>
>> Only 48kph?

> wo? Is my maff screwy? I cant see the numbers in my head clearly
> :rolleyes:

Can you average 48 for 40k? I can't. (Maybe with a tailwind?)
The course wasn't flat either.

hippy

RexelLP10 wrote:

> "JH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Noosa Triathlon on Channel 10 (Australia) 1PM Sunday 9 Jan 05 - check

> local
> > guides
> >

> *YAWNS*

*slap* (just a little one)
Oh sorry, I thought you WANTED to stay awake...

hippy said:
"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> hippy Wrote:
>>
>> Only 48kph?

> wo? Is my maff screwy? I cant see the numbers in my head clearly
> :rolleyes:

Can you average 48 for 40k? I can't. (Maybe with a tailwind?)
The course wasn't flat either.

hippy

IIRC, it's a little short of 40km in length[1], though a 50min split is still f.fast!

Ritch

[1] or my speedo was calibrated incorrectly a couple of years ago.