Nope, I don't like cold wet weather.

On 08 Dec 2004 05:47:58 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>>gross, you're like marlene with socks and me with water bottles. we need to
>>>evolve some standards or they'll evolve in our clothing and accessories.

>> What's that about marlene and socks? Did you mean me? I'm like, WTF?

>April 8, 2003 5:14pm. "Marlene Blanshay" wrote:
>: ewwww... gross. You have to wash the bottles! especially if you go
>: off-road. You know what kind of microbes you can pick up out there?
>:
>: I wash mine out after every ride.
>:
>: HOwver, I don't change my sheets more than once a month and wear the same
>: pair of socks for at least a week.
>
>ewwwww.. i'd ref ya via groups.google.com but i'm having trouble with groups
>beta. ick. it's in the thread "Water Bottles--ugh!"

LOL, I forgot about that. I was totally joking. You really think I'd
be that disgusting? I have the world's most sensitive sense of smell-
Im like a dog. I can't imagine sleeping in month old sheets. EWWWW!

>> For me,the worst is cold, dry and windy. That kind of weather just
>> sets my nerves on edge. But then, it makes us really appreciate july.

>ahh, july. isn't that when we all complain about the humidity? then i
>really can't wear one pair of jeans all week.

Not me, I love warm humid weather. Maybe it's because I'm a fire sign.
But summer is so short, bring it on. As long as your room is
airconditioned at night and you can sleep, summer heat just can't be
beat.

[email protected] wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It wasn't that cold
> but the ice was like needles in my face. It's since turned to rain
> and it's just miserable, but it's warmer, about 40.

Warmer...at 40 in Dec I say its warm. I haven't lived in Mtl since
university but we only used to get that kinda temperature in the
summer.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:36:16 GMT, Mike Latondresse
<mikelat@no_spam_shaw.ca> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>

>> It wasn't that cold
>> but the ice was like needles in my face. It's since turned to rain
>> and it's just miserable, but it's warmer, about 40.

>Warmer...at 40 in Dec I say its warm. I haven't lived in Mtl since
>university but we only used to get that kinda temperature in the
>summer.

Duhh... I was using fahrenheit for you american dummies! FOr the rest
of the civilized world, it was 5C.

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:12:57 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:36:16 GMT, Mike Latondresse
><mikelat@no_spam_shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>

>>> It wasn't that cold
>>> but the ice was like needles in my face. It's since turned to rain
>>> and it's just miserable, but it's warmer, about 40.

>>Warmer...at 40 in Dec I say its warm. I haven't lived in Mtl since
>>university but we only used to get that kinda temperature in the
>>summer.

>Duhh... I was using fahrenheit for you american dummies! FOr the rest
>of the civilized world, it was 5C.

As an American, I do prefer metric measure in most things, but not
temperature. There is only half the precision in centigrade, for
instance 37F and 38F are both 4C. Not major perhaps, but why change
things and lose precision? So 32 is freezing and not the more logical
0, who really cares? I know that 32 is when snow starts falling.

dgk wrote:

> As an American, I do prefer metric measure in most things, but not
> temperature. There is only half the precision in centigrade, for
> instance 37F and 38F are both 4C. Not major perhaps, but why change
> things and lose precision? So 32 is freezing and not the more logical
> 0, who really cares? I know that 32 is when snow starts falling.

I don't know about you, but my built-in thermometer is calibrated in no finer
than 5 degree F increments. Maybe you have some special gift, like a radar cop
who can guess a car's speed perfectly.

Matt O.

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:03:51 -0500, "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>
>> As an American, I do prefer metric measure in most things, but not
>> temperature. There is only half the precision in centigrade, for
>> instance 37F and 38F are both 4C. Not major perhaps, but why change
>> things and lose precision? So 32 is freezing and not the more logical
>> 0, who really cares? I know that 32 is when snow starts falling.

>I don't know about you, but my built-in thermometer is calibrated in no finer
>than 5 degree F increments. Maybe you have some special gift, like a radar cop
>who can guess a car's speed perfectly.
>
>Matt O.

That would be 2.5 in C. Already the lack of precision requires a
decimal.

Oh no, I can clearly feel the difference between my house at 65 and
70. I can feel the difference between 66 and 68. HEY! Maybe this
explains why my fingers get so cold in cold weather! I'm a temperature
sensitive.

I always wondered whether acuity to various senses varies among
individuals. I mean, we can tell if vision is better or worse, and
hearing also, but what about other senses like taste and smell? I'm
very good at temperature but other folks complain about odors that
don't bother me at all. That is a very useful trait for getting seats
in the subway if I'm not biking. Those homeless folks can smell a bit
I understand. I can take a seat that other folks have to avoid (I
understand that I'm being a bit callous with that crack, but it's
true).

In article <[email protected]>,
dgk <[email protected]> writes:

> Tomorrow promises a more widespread rain but about 10 degrees warmer
> (NYC). Still, I don't think the stuff is going to be dry by then so
> I'll likely take the train. One uncomfortable trip per week is my
> limit. Yech.

Did you get fenders yet?

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:49:10 -0800, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> dgk <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Tomorrow promises a more widespread rain but about 10 degrees warmer
>> (NYC). Still, I don't think the stuff is going to be dry by then so
>> I'll likely take the train. One uncomfortable trip per week is my
>> limit. Yech.

>Did you get fenders yet?
>

>cheers,
> Tom

No, but not for lack of trying. There was a link on a message that
mentioned at $25 wireless computer that did heartrate monitoring. So I
ordered one and they also carried fenders, and I ordered one of those.
After a week I dropped them an email asking how the order was going
and I got an email back saying that they couldn't find my order. It
was supergo.com.

I wrote back and gave the order again. Still no word. I think perhaps
I just go order it again.

In article <[email protected]>,
dgk <[email protected]> writes:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:49:10 -0800, [email protected] (Tom Keats)
> wrote:
>
>>In article <[email protected]>,
>> dgk <[email protected]> writes:

>>Did you get fenders yet?
>>

>>cheers,
>> Tom

> No, but not for lack of trying. There was a link on a message that
> mentioned at $25 wireless computer that did heartrate monitoring. So I
> ordered one and they also carried fenders, and I ordered one of those.
> After a week I dropped them an email asking how the order was going
> and I got an email back saying that they couldn't find my order. It
> was supergo.com.
>
> I wrote back and gave the order again. Still no word. I think perhaps
> I just go order it again.

hmmm ... there have been posts here in the past, about
problems with ordering from Supergo. Anyhow, once you
get some fenders on, things will be a lot more tolerable.
They make a Big difference.

cheers,
Tom