NORBA pix

Penny S.

Guest
I'm grouping these by event type.

DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg

DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg

XC course, up in the woods: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg

Short track: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg

Mountain Cross www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg

Other fun stuff: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

Penny says:

<snip>

Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)

I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....

Steve "Thanks, though...."

I'm grouping these by event type.

DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg

DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg

XC course, up in the woods: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg

Short track: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg

Mountain Cross http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg

Other fun stuff: http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

Stephen Baker scribbled :
> Penny says:
>
> <snip>
>
> Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
>
> I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
>
> Steve "Thanks, though...."

what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
"http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else
have trouble?

Penny

Penny said again:

<snip active blue-c;oloured link thingies>

It worked - I guess it's AOHell's problem. Don't worry about the "http://" stuff if it's just me
that's suffering, though. I'm a big boy ;-)

Steve

> Penny said again:
>
> <snip active blue-c;oloured link thingies>
>
> It worked - I guess it's AOHell's problem. Don't worry about the
"http://"
> stuff if it's just me that's suffering, though. I'm a big boy ;-)

Ooops. Disregard reply to P previously :)

Well, except for HI Shirt Dude comment, B

> Stephen Baker scribbled :
> > Penny says:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
> >
> > I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
> >
> > Steve "Thanks, though...."
>
> what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell
me
> AOHell requires a "http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem,
not
> a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else have trouble?

Nope, they popped right up for me! (Maybe Steve meant some way to scroll thru using "Next/Back"
rather than opening & closing windows each time?)

Hawaiian Shirt Guy should be wearing SANDALS (or Vans at very least), Bill

Sorni scribbled :
>> Stephen Baker scribbled :
>>> Penny says:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
>>>
>>> I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
>>>
>>> Steve "Thanks, though...."
>>
>> what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
>> "http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone
>> else have trouble?
>
> Nope, they popped right up for me! (Maybe Steve meant some way to scroll thru using "Next/Back"
> rather than opening & closing windows each time?)
>
> Hawaiian Shirt Guy should be wearing SANDALS (or Vans at very least), Bill

he usually wears red converse hi-tops.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:09:36 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Stephen Baker scribbled :
>> Penny says:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Penny - fer Krissakes make sure to get the links in. ;-)
>>
>> I'm gonna be cutting and pasting on the dialup all night....
>>
>> Steve "Thanks, though...."
>
>what is the problem? I tested all of them before I sent it... don't tell me AOHell requires a
>"http etc" on them.. that's a software set up problem, not a Penny-can't-type problem. Anyone else
>have trouble?
>
>Penny

NOT AT ALL! Thanks for some killer shots....

> I'm grouping these by event type.
>
> DH photos. Let's start with images of "alter boy" the crux drop on the pro-expert course:
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba8.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba9.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba13.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba14.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba1.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba22.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba23.jpg
>
> DH, other spots on the course. Think rocks, roots and dust.
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba21.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba12.jpg
>

> XC course, up in the woods: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba3.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba6.jpg
>
> Short track: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba2.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba15.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba16.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba24.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba17.jpg
>

> Mountain Cross www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba18.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba19.jpg
>
> Other fun stuff: www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba4.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba5.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba10.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba11.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba20.jpg
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba25.jpg (I know this guy)
> www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/norba/norba7.jpg

Awesome pix and write-up Penny!
--
Slacker

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm grouping these by event type.

Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
thought of going up there, too.

Paladin

Paladin scribbled :
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> I'm grouping these by event type.
>
> Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
> thought of going up there, too.
>
> Paladin

The worst thing was looking at the lake, which has an awesome beach that puts anything in McCall to
shame, and realizing it was a half hour drive down the mountain. By the time we were ready to go, we
were just too tired. You shoulda showed up...

Penny

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin scribbled :
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> I'm grouping these by event type.
> >
> > Spectacular. Lots of great pics. Looked like fun, but very hot and dusty. And to think I half
> > thought of going up there, too.
> >
> > Paladin
>
> The worst thing was looking at the lake, which has an awesome beach that puts anything in McCall
> to shame, and realizing it was a half hour drive down the mountain. By the time we were ready to
> go, we were just too tired. You shoulda showed up...
>
> Penny

I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then go
camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.

But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My happy
lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?

Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski team
get-away. Love it.

Paladin

Paladin scribbled :

> I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
> money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then go
> camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.
>
> But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My
> happy lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?

the riding at Faragut is overrated and underwhelming. (IMO) With the exception of the Bernard Peak
ride or so I have heard. I did meet a Sandpoint gals who wants to show me around up there...

Craig and I are kidless after tomorrow noon until Sunday night: we are heading up into the NF
clearwater area ( great burn) for some biking camping and exploring. Penny

> Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski
> team get-away. Love it.
>
> Paladin

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin scribbled :
> >
> > I need another road trip. (My right-brained side says: I need to stay home, work and make some
> > money.) I'll be up to about 6 trips this summer by the time I leave for WA Thurs a.m. and then
> > go camping in the Sawtooths the next weekend.
> >
> > But Farragut State Park with a lawn chair on the beach, shades, a big cool one and a book? My
> > happy lab sleeping by my side. Does it get any better?
>
> the riding at Faragut is overrated and underwhelming. (IMO) With the exception of the Bernard Peak
> ride or so I have heard. I did meet a Sandpoint gals who wants to show me around up there...
>
> Craig and I are kidless after tomorrow noon until Sunday night: we are heading up into the NF
> clearwater area ( great burn) for some biking camping and exploring. Penny
>

> > Best time I had in high school was a 3 day weekend skiing that mtn with our end of the year ski
> > team get-away. Love it.
> >
> > Paladin

I've never ridden around Farragut. But played a lot of beach and water volleyball. It was right
there I saw my first mountain bike. I was walking down this steep trail, and here's this grinning
doof riding *up* it on a mtnbike. Surprised me. The heavens opened, the angels sang, a bright light
knocked me to the ground,

and here I am today. A fervent evangelist.

Party on, and enjoy the kidless days.

Paladin