Norco Valence Alloy 1

Stick Legs

May 24, 2012
Anyone have anything to say about this bike or Norco road bikes in general? Lesser known but on paper it looks like a pretty good value. I'm looking for my first road bike and this one seems to be equipped well and likely would not require me to do (m)any upgrades for a while (if ever) considering I'm a recreational rider who wants to focus on endurance training and cycling for enjoyment - no racing plans.

I have owned two Norco bicycles in the past many years, my first a Norco Monterey SL and then a Norco Bigfoot moutain bike purchased initially to take the punishment of poorly maintained roads in a new development. I have nothing but praise for these bikes. Although I no longer own my original road bike, because shorly after I was married my wife questioned why anybody needs two bikes, I have recently and finally had an opportuntiy to replace it, and the mountain bike unfortunately, with the Valenace A1. The A1 is built with quality components, has a well designed frame, and was cheaper than comparable bikes offered by the other manufacturers.