Nordlicht dynamos are shite

Alan Braggins wrote:

> Plan B: lock the dynohub in second (direct drive), and move an
> unbutchered Rohloff into a G-Boxx type system after extensive
> surgery to the frame.....
> Maybe building a stub axle front dynamo would be easier after all.

And Plan A means I could put one on the 8 Freight. Though of course
then I'd have to have a bit of a think about the brakes. Bah!

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Tony Raven wrote:
> Simon Brooke wrote:
>

>> There's your answer. Saint Maggie decided years ago we were better off
>> without a manufacturing industry.
>>

> ITYM British consumers decided we were better off without a
> manufacturing industry. No-one ever forced anybody to buy a Toyota or
> Sony over a Rover or Amstrad to name but two examples.

Nothing to do with the British worker then, oh no. Salt of the earth...

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:43:54 +0000, Simon Brooke wrote:

> in message <[email protected]>, Charlie
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> Whatever happened to Miller dynamos? I remember mine being very
>> satisfactory. British too.

> ^^^^^^^
>
> There's your answer. Saint Maggie decided years ago we were better off
> without a manufacturing industry.

What, did Saint Maggie personally close the Miller factory? Or was it
those thousands of consumers who decided to buy elsewhere?
--
Michael MacClancy

Al C-F <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>> Simon Brooke wrote:

>>> There's your answer. Saint Maggie decided years ago we were better off
>>> without a manufacturing industry.

>> ITYM British consumers decided we were better off without a
>> manufacturing industry. No-one ever forced anybody to buy a Toyota or
>> Sony over a Rover or Amstrad to name but two examples.

> Nothing to do with the British worker then, oh no. Salt of the earth...

Obviously nothing to do with the British worker, considering how well
they do when managed by foreigners.

[http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

Dave Larrington wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Tosspot
> ([email protected]) wrote:
>
>>I'm sorry, but they are. The first hint of moisture in the air they
>>stop working. In this case snow. Yet another ride home relying on the
>>battery backup rear and no front. I've tried increasing the pressure,
>>checking the alignment, sacrificing chickens, nothing works, they are ****.

> I haven't had any prombles with my Lightspins thus far, though they have
> yet to encounter /really/ filthy conditions.

I did look at them, but they are too costly if it doesn't work. A hub
type solution is the best, I'm sure. I might have another look at
bodging the FER onto it. That would be brilliant if I can get it on the
rear wheel but I'm sure it wont go.