Normalized Power Plot in CPS WKO+

cbjesseeNH

Jun 10, 2005
Is there an option to plot a rolling NP in WKO+ that I'm missing?

Come to think of it, that plot may or may not have much use, eh?

I can't speak to the ability to plot a rolling NP in CP WKO+ (because I haven't upgraded yet), but the value of a rolling average power is huge. The chart below is part of a ride file for a 30min crit. Because watts is so highly stochastic, it's really impossible to get an accurate overview of the intensity of the ride. But, the 30sec rolling average paints a very clear picture. My goal was to identify the anaerobic efforts (matches). As you can see, they stick out like a sore thumb with the 30s rolling average.

The rolling average plot tells the story!

I'll let this question linger here a bit more before hitting the Wattage list. No bites on the CPS forum - no doubt they are very busy with the season with less time to answer too many questions.

cbjesseeNH said:
Is there an option to plot a rolling NP in WKO+ that I'm missing?

Come to think of it, that plot may or may not have much use, eh?

You can plot the rolling average over any duration (or distance) that you wish. However, you can't plot a rolling average of normalized power, because the latter is undefined for any duration <30 s and really isn't reliable for any duration < ~20 min ('~' because it depends on how you define reliability).

acoggan said:
You can plot the rolling average over any duration (or distance) that you wish. However, you can't plot a rolling average of normalized power, because the latter is undefined for any duration <30 s and really isn't reliable for any duration < ~20 min ('~' because it depends on how you define reliability).
So, um, how do I do a rolling average power plot?

I love WKO+ but admit to being a new user.

--Steve