North Amercian TV Coverage???

noonievut

Jul 5, 2004
Does anyone know if there is any coverage of cycling, whether it be current races (i.e. Paris-Nice) or past events...or anything cycling related, on any channel?

Of course we will see TDF in the summer, but living in Canada and coming into the spring...I need my juice!

noonievut said:
Does anyone know if there is any coverage of cycling, whether it be current races (i.e. Paris-Nice) or past events...or anything cycling related, on any channel?

Of course we will see TDF in the summer, but living in Canada and coming into the spring...I need my juice!
Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand OLN (outdoor life network - owned by discovery channel) does a decent job of covering cycling. Not just the TDF but also some spring classics, etc. I don't know for sure though, because I only upgrade my service to get OLN for the month of July for the TDF. I don't get OLN any other time.

roadhog said:
Somebody might correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand OLN (outdoor life network - owned by discovery channel) does a decent job of covering cycling. Not just the TDF but also some spring classics, etc. I don't know for sure though, because I only upgrade my service to get OLN for the month of July for the TDF. I don't get OLN any other time.
OLN's website says that every Sunday from 5PM until 6:30PM they have a Pro Cycling show that covers the action of the week. It is alternately hosted by Phil Liggett and Bob Roll, if I am not mistaken.

They will be covering, Tour of Flanders, Milan San Remo, Paris Roubaix, etc.

I am actually considering getting Cable just to watch this show.

I was just on the OLN site and they have some Paris-Nice coverage this Sunday from 7:30-9pm. Didn't see the other show mentioned, however.

noonievut said:
I was just on the OLN site and they have some Paris-Nice coverage this Sunday from 7:30-9pm. Didn't see the other show mentioned, however.

It's every Sunday and there's a Saturday edition this week, both covering Paris-Nice. They will be on at 5PM EST. Next week is Milan San Remo. They will also have full coverage of the Tour de France as they did last year.

peterm5365 said:
It's every Sunday and there's a Saturday edition this week, both covering Paris-Nice. They will be on at 5PM EST. Next week is Milan San Remo. They will also have full coverage of the Tour de France as they did last year.

I live in Canada and the Saturday 5pm EST isn't appearing in the listings.

Good to know the Sunday show is weekly...thanks.

noonievut said:
I live in Canada and the Saturday 5pm EST isn't appearing in the listings.

Good to know the Sunday show is weekly...thanks.

As I understand it, OLN Canada will not have the same coverage.

Ditto for OLN. As far as I know it is the only channel that covers cycling. It is realitivly new (just a few years) prior to OLN you had a hour recap of the whole entire Tour! OLN covers every single stage for two hours and the big mountain stages they will spend up to four hours. They also cover certain "classics" one day races.
How awesome would it be if we had a "cycling channel" 24 hours per day that will be all cycling all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????;)

tchak attack said:
Ditto for OLN. As far as I know it is the only channel that covers cycling. It is realitivly new (just a few years) prior to OLN you had a hour recap of the whole entire Tour! OLN covers every single stage for two hours and the big mountain stages they will spend up to four hours. They also cover certain "classics" one day races.
How awesome would it be if we had a "cycling channel" 24 hours per day that will be all cycling all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????;)

My cable bill would be very cheap as I would only subscribe to two channels (other being the Golf channel).

Following on coverage in Canada...the daily TV listings on my Rogers digital box didn't show coverage of the Paris-Nice race, although the web did show coverage. Glad to report, the race was broadcasted. So check the OLN listings for Canada on the web.