North Shields Ferry

Teredo

Guest
I'd like to report the good news that cyclist travellers are now
diverted away from the motor traffic stream after clearing Customs.
They cut through a gate in the perimeter fence and are well signed to
join the C2C, Hadrians, Reivers and Coast & Castles routes. Just
through the gate is a sheltered cyclist info point, where maps are
displayed and all can get their bearings. A welcome improvement.

Also, watch this space to learn of an expected re-routing of C2C from
here to Tynemouth as Smiths Dock redevelopment is completed. This will
take bikes away from light commercial grot and poor housing, and give
a pleasant waterside ride.

On Nov 13, 3:56 pm, Teredo <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'd like to report the good news that cyclist travellers are now
> diverted away from the motor traffic stream after clearing Customs.
> They cut through a gate in the perimeter fence and are well signed to
> join the C2C, Hadrians, Reivers and Coast & Castles routes. Just
> through the gate is a sheltered cyclist info point, where maps are
> displayed and all can get their bearings. A welcome improvement.
>
> Also, watch this space to learn of an expected re-routing of C2C from
> here to Tynemouth as Smiths Dock redevelopment is completed. This will
> take bikes away from light commercial grot and poor housing, and give
> a pleasant waterside ride.

My goodness.. I didn't realise you needed to clear customs when you
cross the Tyne. All right officer, I'm an english smuggler. I'll come
quietly..

...d

David Martin said the following on 14/11/2007 15:51:
> On Nov 13, 3:56 pm, Teredo <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I'd like to report the good news that cyclist travellers are now
>> diverted away from the motor traffic stream after clearing Customs.
>> They cut through a gate in the perimeter fence and are well signed to
>> join the C2C, Hadrians, Reivers and Coast & Castles routes. Just
>> through the gate is a sheltered cyclist info point, where maps are
>> displayed and all can get their bearings. A welcome improvement.
>>
>> Also, watch this space to learn of an expected re-routing of C2C from
>> here to Tynemouth as Smiths Dock redevelopment is completed. This will
>> take bikes away from light commercial grot and poor housing, and give
>> a pleasant waterside ride.

> My goodness.. I didn't realise you needed to clear customs when you
> cross the Tyne. All right officer, I'm an english smuggler. I'll come
> quietly..

It's to keep the Makems out. Apparently they're smuggling donkeys across
in an attempt to get markets closed down!

Colin