North Shore

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by jebi, Aug 12, 2003.

1. jebi

jebi New Member

I am just wondering, is it better 2 have widder tires for north shore, and is it better 2 have stiff or soft suspension??

How do u keep good balance going uphill 2 a skinny?? :confused:

Tags:

2. ireman_1

ireman_1 New Member

Wide soft rubber. We have north shore type riding down here and in the wet months (half the year!) our crew rides mostly 2.7 or maybe 2.5 for the right tire. Continental is, finally, making some good soft tires in 2.5. Maxxis makes some great 2.7 tires for slippery conditions.

You keep your balance by practicing, and falling, a lot. I've been riding tech junk for years and wipe out ALL THE TIME. I'm sure it's part of the fun. You can practice by riding on the curbs in your neighborhood. Pop onto a curb and at first just coast. Eventually you begin to pedal in a low gear and eventually you will be able to crank while riding on just the skinny curb part (not the sidewalk part). Then is a good time to practice getting your bike under you if you are going to bail off a log that's 5 or 6 feet off the ground. If you know you are going down it's a good idea to try to keep your bike between you and the rocks and roots on the ground. I'd rather bust a wheel or frame than my ankle or leg. Just a thought. Some folks hop to the side of the log (curb) if they are sliding off. Have fun.

K.

3. jebi

jebi New Member

ya i know how 2 north shore itz not that hard i can do it on 2×4's 5 ft up then 2 a turn the uphill on a 2×4 then down on a 2×4
    and thanks for the tire tip

4. ireman_1

ireman_1 New Member

OK then. Ask a question, get an answer. Have fun riding on those 2x4s.