Northern Virginia (Woodbbridge, Springfield, Fairfax & Alexandria)

Nasgul

Mar 31, 2007
K, I used to ride with a guy that worked at Peformance Bike which was located Alexandria, Duke Street. Anyhow the location is now closed but I'd like to know if there's anyone interested in weekend rides.

I started in Old Town, Alexandria and through DC then worked my way up to Rock Creek Park MD and back, that was like a 60 mile. I'm not sure how many know this but the 2 way road is closed for cars on weekends and the parts that are not closed? traffic is very light, almost no cars and the drivers are very friendly to bikers.

So, LMK.

BTW, I live in Woodbridge and I don't mind driving to Alexandria, it's a 30 mile drive but it's worth it. Doing 75mph I get there in no time. :D

[Hey Guy - do lots of biking in the DC area mainly Mt Vernon Trail and the W&OD. Used to do the Rock Creek trail but the condition of the trail has deterioated in the last few years but wouldn't mind doing it with you. After a bad bike accident last year I building up my speed and distance - now at 40 miles twice a weekend and 20-30 several times during the week (around Haynes Point). Have a Titanium Merlin with all campy components.

If you want to meet up some time e-mail me at [email protected]

Charlie