I am going to BNE for an extended period soon (taking my bike). I
staying on the northside, where are some good road bike rides. I
understand the roads are not the best there? Does anyone have any
safe, smooth, possibly flat routes, without traffic lights, and can
keep going without stopping for long distances without road trains
knocking you over? Are there any velodomes near by? I found one on
the internet at the Gold Coast 🙁.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
northside brisbane smooth fast rides
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 29 August 2007
- Last activity
- 29 August 2007
- Original author
- Email address hidden
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 832
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Quoted message said:
I am going to BNE for an extended period soon (taking my bike). I
staying on the northside, where are some good road bike rides. I
understand the roads are not the best there? Does anyone have any
safe, smooth, possibly flat routes, without traffic lights, and can
keep going without stopping for long distances without road trains
knocking you over? Are there any velodomes near by? I found one on
the internet at the Gold Coast 🙁.Have a look at www.bikely.com and join up on the forum at www.roadgrime.com
for riding questions about Brisbane. The roads are quite OK. The
drivers, well, that's another story ... (actually most are fine).
Velodrome at Chandler, concrete.Donga
-
[email hidden said:
"]I am going to BNE for an extended period soon (taking my bike). I
staying on the northside, where are some good road bike rides. I
understand the roads are not the best there?THere are some North Side posters from Brisbane on here, I used to live in Wavell Heights and often I would ride to Redcliffe via Strathpine, Petrie, Mango Hill, Redcliffe and return. or when you get to Petrie, veer left instead out to Dayboro and then back via, Samsonvale and Samford village (Great Donuts!!), if you want hills at Samford Village you can head out to Mt Nebo and back around the ridge (Sensational Ride!!). Having said that the Cleveland Bay rides are pretty good as well, but that is more kind of South Side. I can highly recommend riding up to Noosa and then catch the train back, did that a couple of times and you have to try and get in a ride down to Mt Tamborine, absoluetely awesome ride, but again VERY south side.
You cannot avoid all traffic lights though, you have to put up with some.
I think Cycleogical do the Redcliffe ride most sundays, but never rode with them, supposed to be quite fast.
But maybe the current North Side residents have some more rides for you.
-
[email hidden said:
"]I am going to BNE for an extended period soon (taking my bike). I
staying on the northside, where are some good road bike rides. I
understand the roads are not the best there? Does anyone have any
safe, smooth, possibly flat routes, without traffic lights, and can
keep going without stopping for long distances without road trains
knocking you over? Are there any velodomes near by? I found one on
the internet at the Gold Coast 🙁.There's plenty to try, though there is always the odd light and a few hills. Here's a couple:
This is basically the 'zupps' ride which meets at 6:30am every sunday at Zupps Holden at Asley. Very flat and fast when the pace picks up.
bikely.comRedcliffe via Petrie KallangurOpen ↗Rolling hills around dayboro/petrie
bikely.comHamilton Samford Dayboro Petrie Redcliffe VirginiaOpen ↗Shorter flatter route
bikely.comRedcliffe via SamfordOpen ↗There is a velodrome at caboolture but it is in pretty poor condition and one at Chandler on the southside.
Let us know if you want to hook up and we can show you some good roads.
Adam
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.