Northwave Aereator shoes

I just revieved my Northwave Aereator shoes. Am I glad I didn't pay the
350$ msrp price. I am a bit disappointed wih the shoes. I orginally
thought the shoes were a leather upper. But they some sort of neylon
reinforced mesh. They have this plastic ventilator system on the side.
This looks likes like a good idea, but my guess is that they will crack
after a few years. The shoe comes with a carbon fiber sole. It will be
interested see how well the sole holds up. Personally I think the value
of a cmposite sole is negligible at best.

I used to work in a bike shop and I think a lot of the prices are
outlandish these days. It's sort of ridiculuous to spend several
hundred dollars on a shoe when you know that you are going to thrash
the shoes after a few seasons if you race a lot.

[email protected] wrote:
> I just revieved my Northwave Aereator shoes. Am I glad I didn't pay
> the 350$ msrp price. I am a bit disappointed wih the shoes. I
> orginally thought the shoes were a leather upper. But they some sort
> of neylon reinforced mesh. They have this plastic ventilator system
> on the side. This looks likes like a good idea, but my guess is that
> they will crack after a few years. The shoe comes with a carbon fiber
> sole. It will be interested see how well the sole holds up.
> Personally I think the value of a cmposite sole is negligible at best.
>
> I used to work in a bike shop and I think a lot of the prices are
> outlandish these days. It's sort of ridiculuous to spend several
> hundred dollars on a shoe when you know that you are going to thrash
> the shoes after a few seasons if you race a lot.

There, there, stop kicking yourself.

{pause}

ALLOW US!

Bill "I think I'll go buy a car I don't really like and then post a negative
review of it" S.