Northwave mirage Shoes - help

John Ampleforth

Guest
Hi, got a pair of northwave mirage shoes on the cheap but having never had
road shoes before i'm a little confused regarding the cleat setup. These
shoes come with look adaptor plates.

Now as far as i can tell these are necessary for spd and not look clipless,
is this so? The sole of the shoe has four screw points in a diamond shape
which can be used to attach the so called 'look' adaptor plate but can the
top 3 be used to screw in a look cleat without using the plate??

Obviously i'd try myself but i dont want to dish out for look cleats to find
that they won't fit.

thanks

"John Ampleforth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, got a pair of northwave mirage shoes on the cheap but having never had
> road shoes before i'm a little confused regarding the cleat setup. These
> shoes come with look adaptor plates.
>
> Now as far as i can tell these are necessary for spd and not look

clipless,
> is this so? The sole of the shoe has four screw points in a diamond shape
> which can be used to attach the so called 'look' adaptor plate but can the
> top 3 be used to screw in a look cleat without using the plate??
>
> Obviously i'd try myself but i dont want to dish out for look cleats to

find
> that they won't fit.
>
> thanks

It seems i blundered. The shoes i've got are spd only, fine, preferable in
fact but again not knowing about road ranges will these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Main=CategoryProducts.aspx&Cat=cycle&w=
0&CategoryName=Pedal%20Cleats

work with a standard SPD pedal that is currently on my mtb? thanks

got your local shop and get someone to set the cleat up on the shoe
if set wrong you can develop pain in your knees and feet
a proper fit on a road bike is absolutly needed for a good quality
experence on a road bike