northwave shoes what r they like?

n_sumo23

May 13, 2006
hi
just thinking of getting a pair of northwaves does anyone have the? what are they like? hows the sizing ? would they cater for i wide foot?

cheers

n_sumo23 said:
hi
just thinking of getting a pair of northwaves does anyone have the? what are they like? hows the sizing ? would they cater for i wide foot?

cheers

I have never owned a pair, but I have tried them on in the store a few times. My impression is that they run large-not particularly wide, but a 42 was more like other brands 43.

n_sumo23 said:
hi

cheers
Are you talking about the one's with all the airholes in them (Aerator's?)? If so, I wonder if the climate in Melbourne (I live in Melbourne as well) suits them? Unless it's summer, I would imagine you'd be putting shoe covers on them all the time to stop your toes freezing.

n_sumo23 said:
hi

cheers
Northwaves are great shoes. I have two pair, one for summer and a winter shoe.

They run large. I wear a 44.5 SIDI but a 43 in Northwave. Make sure you try them on or at least consult a NORTHWAVE sizing chart.

The only negative - Northwave have VERY thin soles and I get a little bit more 'hot foot' than with my SIDI's. They are significantly stiffer, though.