norwaY!!

::nomad::

Aug 10, 2007
Gday,
I'm planning a bigger trip through Norway from the north all the way down southwards. I've been there many times by car it didn't look suitable for the bikes- the prob gotta be the tunnels. Some of them are even longer than 15km which is gross for bicycle riders. plus its really impossible to avoid them as theyre everywhere.
How do you cope with them?

if anyone's been there..

thanx.

::nomad:: said:
Gday,
I'm planning a bigger trip through Norway from the north all the way down southwards. I've been there many times by car it didn't look suitable for the bikes- the prob gotta be the tunnels. Some of them are even longer than 15km which is gross for bicycle riders. plus its really impossible to avoid them as theyre everywhere.
How do you cope with them?

if anyone's been there..

thanx.

I was there 17yrs ago so things will have changed but I found there were old roads that went around the hill that the tunnel went through. There was only one tunnel that I wasn't able to get around and I had some people in a car turn around and drive behind me through the tunnel so that I could see where I was going. I didn't have a decent bike light then but today I am sure you would be ok so long as you had good lights

Cheers

Geoff