Not A Bad Summary

B. Lafferty

Guest
From Stolen Underground:

Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final words,
"I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as high as 60.1
percent in previous years.
2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is not
alone.
4. David Millar gets busted for doping and loses his world championship
medal.
5. Adam Bergman tests positive for EPO and Stolen Underground gets apx 20
reports of other top pros in America using drugs.
6. L.A. Confidential: The Secrets of Lance Armstrong." is released in
France,
The book focuses on statements attributed to Emma O'Reilly, a soigneur who
worked with Armstrong from 1998-2000. O'Reilly claims Armstrong used the
banned blood booster EPO.
O'Reilly also alleges that Armstrong asked her to dispose of bags with
syringes after the 1998 Tour of Holland and that in May 1999, as Armstrong
trained in the Pyrenees, O'Reilly said she was asked to drive to Spain to
pick up drugs which she handed to Armstrong in a parking lot.
O'Reilly claims in the book Armstrong asked her to use makeup to cover up
syringe marks on his arm at a Tour de France medical checkup in 1999.
6. Armstrong vows to fight the book and get his lawyers to fight Walsh.
7. The judge throws out the case claiming that Armstrong and his lawyers are
"an abuse" of the legal system and orders Armstrong to pay a token amount in
damages of one euro.
8. Prentice Steffen speaks out against Tyler Hamilton claiming that Tyler
asked him for EPO while he was working for USPS.
9. Justin Spinelli speaks out about doping in cycling and talks about his
division one pro teams stating that drug use is still rampant.
10. Greg LeMond attacks Lance Armstrong for his relationship with Dr.
Ferrari who is known for giving doping products to riders.
11. Trek bikes drops LeMond frames.
12. Simeoni speaks out against Ferrari and Lance Armstrong chases him down
in the Tour de France and says, "I was protecting the interests of the
peloton. The other riders were very grateful,"
"I followed Simeoni. He is not a rider the peloton wants to be in the front
group. All he does is attack the peloton, says bad things about the other
riders and group in general. When I came back I had a lot of people patting
me on the back.
"Simeoni ... it is a long history and (with) a guy like that, all he wants
to do is to destroy cycling ... to destroy the sport that pays him."
13. World Mountain Bike Champ Meirhaeghe tests positive for EPO and quits
cycling.
14. Tyler Hamilton tests positive in the Olympics and Vuelta for blood
doping and claims his innocence even though the tests are 100 percent
accurate.
15. Ferrari is found guilty in a court of law for malpractice.
16. Lance Armstrong cuts ties with Ferrari
17. Joseph D'Antoni of Raleigh, N.C. tests positive for EPO
18. Stolen Underground takes a mark on a series of riders and coaches in
America who are doping.
19. Stolen Underground gets reports of other riders who have failed doping
tests yet to be released.
20. To be continued................
The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders who
continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to come!
Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
stopped.
.....signing off
-The Commander

> The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders who
> continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to come!
> Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
> are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
> stopped.

According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
far from true.

- The number of actual on-site tests is considered a joke and very few
people feel threatened by it

- Non USAC license holders are not subject to out of competition testing,
thus can remain below the surface whilst building up their bodies on
whatever program they want to use, then show up for a big race with their
blood and urine clear

- Non USAC license holders are only subject to the penalties their national
governing body hands down, regardless of any international standard. The
NGBs can also arrange for any suspension to be served during the off season.

>> The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders
>> who
>> continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to
>> come!
>> Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
>> are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
>> stopped.

> According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
> far from true.

I agree that the last sentence is overly optimistic. We're doing a time
trial up Mt. Greylock tomorrow. I wonder if there'll be drug testing. ;-)

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> From Stolen Underground:
>
> Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
> 1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final
> words, "I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as
> high as 60.1 percent in previous years.
> 2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
> 3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is
> not alone.

1. Dozens of witnesses see a crash in the Desert near Roswell, NM.
2. The Army reports to the press they have recovered a crashed UFO.
3. Various military personel obtain pieces from crashed UFO that family
members/friends see and handle. Material has inexplicable qualities.
4. Government mysteriously changes its story and denies that a UFO has
been recovered. Says its a "weather balloon" instead.
5. Dozens of witnesses (who, 50 years later, swear to this) say that
military officials have threatened to kill them if they ever talk about
what happened.
6. Years later, witnesses (including former military personel) defy the
death threats and talk about recovered alien bodies from the wreckage.
7. More than a dozen (as opposed to one) book have been written on the
subject.

I'm sure there are more facts that I could come up with it if I googled
around a bit. There are an awful lot of people who swear this happened who
have no financial gain in the matter but only stand to be ridiculed (or
even killed if you believe them).

I'm sure I could come up with a similar list with regards to "evidence"
that a missle hit the Pentagon on 9/11 instead of an airplane. There was a
book written about as well.

Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened. There is evidence
and books about that.

The Navy made a ship dissapear in Philidelphia during WW2 and it
materialized miles away. There are books and even a movie about that.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>>The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders
>>>who
>>>continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to
>>>come!
>>>Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
>>>are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
>>>stopped.

>>According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
>>far from true.

> I agree that the last sentence is overly optimistic. We're doing a time
> trial up Mt. Greylock tomorrow. I wonder if there'll be drug testing. ;-)

Uggh--sounds like fun!

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

I think Simeoni did more than 'speak out' against them...

dc wrote:

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>From Stolen Underground:
>>
>>Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
>>1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final
>>words, "I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as
>>high as 60.1 percent in previous years.
>>2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
>>3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is
>>not alone.

> 1. Dozens of witnesses see a crash in the Desert near Roswell, NM.
> 2. The Army reports to the press they have recovered a crashed UFO.
> 3. Various military personel obtain pieces from crashed UFO that family
> members/friends see and handle. Material has inexplicable qualities.
> 4. Government mysteriously changes its story and denies that a UFO has
> been recovered. Says its a "weather balloon" instead.
> 5. Dozens of witnesses (who, 50 years later, swear to this) say that
> military officials have threatened to kill them if they ever talk about
> what happened.
> 6. Years later, witnesses (including former military personel) defy the
> death threats and talk about recovered alien bodies from the wreckage.
> 7. More than a dozen (as opposed to one) book have been written on the
> subject.
>
> I'm sure there are more facts that I could come up with it if I googled
> around a bit. There are an awful lot of people who swear this happened who
> have no financial gain in the matter but only stand to be ridiculed (or
> even killed if you believe them).
>
> I'm sure I could come up with a similar list with regards to "evidence"
> that a missle hit the Pentagon on 9/11 instead of an airplane. There was a
> book written about as well.
>
> Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened. There is evidence
> and books about that.
>
> The Navy made a ship dissapear in Philidelphia during WW2 and it
> materialized miles away. There are books and even a movie about that.

Your point is?
I don't think anyone has maintained that all the rumor, inuendo etc. is
100% accurate. I'm rather inclined to believe that is isn't.
So what? The incidents, admissions, statistics begin to pile up. You
suggest we do what?
You're not a Holocaust denier, are you?

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Your point is?
> I don't think anyone has maintained that all the rumor, inuendo
> etc. is
> 100% accurate. I'm rather inclined to believe that is isn't.
> So what? The incidents, admissions, statistics begin to pile up.
> You
> suggest we do what?
> You're not a Holocaust denier, are you?
>
> Steve

My point is that rumer and innuendo don't mean facts and that you can find
a laundry list like Lafferty's with just about any conspiricy theory out
there (including Holocaust denying). If Lance is guilty it will come out.
If he's not it will never be "proven" he'll just continue on with all these
accusers.

Why the hostility? Why is it SO important that Lance be guilty? I'm just
trying to point out (like I said above) that anyone can come up with a
laundry list like this for any agenda. It doesn't prove anything. I
really don't care about Lance per se but I do wonder about all the people
who dwell on him and his alleged doping. Get a life. If's he's found
guilty you can say "Ha! I told you so!" but you'll still have to go to
work the next day.

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> - Non USAC license holders are not subject to out of competition testing,
> thus can remain below the surface whilst building up their bodies on
> whatever program they want to use, then show up for a big race with their
> blood and urine clear

How can they make a career out of this? It would have to be someone
that let their license expire (assuming their last year's license was
taken out in the early spring) and long enough for a few months free of
out of comp testing and "preparation" and clensing, then to renew the
license a few days before a big event? What Domestic team could sponsor
a guy that didn't race all spring? Maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong
tier of rider. I guess the guy that might find himself in this
situation would be more of an up-and-commer local making the
breakthrough in one season.