Not A Bad Summary

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Oct 2, 2004.

  1. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    From Stolen Underground:

    Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
    1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final words,
    "I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as high as 60.1
    percent in previous years.
    2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
    3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is not
    alone.
    4. David Millar gets busted for doping and loses his world championship
    medal.
    5. Adam Bergman tests positive for EPO and Stolen Underground gets apx 20
    reports of other top pros in America using drugs.
    6. L.A. Confidential: The Secrets of Lance Armstrong." is released in
    France,
    The book focuses on statements attributed to Emma O'Reilly, a soigneur who
    worked with Armstrong from 1998-2000. O'Reilly claims Armstrong used the
    banned blood booster EPO.
    O'Reilly also alleges that Armstrong asked her to dispose of bags with
    syringes after the 1998 Tour of Holland and that in May 1999, as Armstrong
    trained in the Pyrenees, O'Reilly said she was asked to drive to Spain to
    pick up drugs which she handed to Armstrong in a parking lot.
    O'Reilly claims in the book Armstrong asked her to use makeup to cover up
    syringe marks on his arm at a Tour de France medical checkup in 1999.
    6. Armstrong vows to fight the book and get his lawyers to fight Walsh.
    7. The judge throws out the case claiming that Armstrong and his lawyers are
    "an abuse" of the legal system and orders Armstrong to pay a token amount in
    damages of one euro.
    8. Prentice Steffen speaks out against Tyler Hamilton claiming that Tyler
    asked him for EPO while he was working for USPS.
    9. Justin Spinelli speaks out about doping in cycling and talks about his
    division one pro teams stating that drug use is still rampant.
    10. Greg LeMond attacks Lance Armstrong for his relationship with Dr.
    Ferrari who is known for giving doping products to riders.
    11. Trek bikes drops LeMond frames.
    12. Simeoni speaks out against Ferrari and Lance Armstrong chases him down
    in the Tour de France and says, "I was protecting the interests of the
    peloton. The other riders were very grateful,"
    "I followed Simeoni. He is not a rider the peloton wants to be in the front
    group. All he does is attack the peloton, says bad things about the other
    riders and group in general. When I came back I had a lot of people patting
    me on the back.
    "Simeoni ... it is a long history and (with) a guy like that, all he wants
    to do is to destroy cycling ... to destroy the sport that pays him."
    13. World Mountain Bike Champ Meirhaeghe tests positive for EPO and quits
    cycling.
    14. Tyler Hamilton tests positive in the Olympics and Vuelta for blood
    doping and claims his innocence even though the tests are 100 percent
    accurate.
    15. Ferrari is found guilty in a court of law for malpractice.
    16. Lance Armstrong cuts ties with Ferrari
    17. Joseph D'Antoni of Raleigh, N.C. tests positive for EPO
    18. Stolen Underground takes a mark on a series of riders and coaches in
    America who are doping.
    19. Stolen Underground gets reports of other riders who have failed doping
    tests yet to be released.
    20. To be continued................
    The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders who
    continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to come!
    Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
    are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
    stopped.
    .....signing off
    -The Commander
     
    Tags:



  2. > The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders who
    > continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to come!
    > Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
    > are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
    > stopped.



    According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
    far from true.

    - The number of actual on-site tests is considered a joke and very few
    people feel threatened by it

    - Non USAC license holders are not subject to out of competition testing,
    thus can remain below the surface whilst building up their bodies on
    whatever program they want to use, then show up for a big race with their
    blood and urine clear

    - Non USAC license holders are only subject to the penalties their national
    governing body hands down, regardless of any international standard. The
    NGBs can also arrange for any suspension to be served during the off season.
     
  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    >> The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders
    >> who
    >> continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to
    >> come!
    >> Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
    >> are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
    >> stopped.

    >
    >
    > According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
    > far from true.


    I agree that the last sentence is overly optimistic. We're doing a time
    trial up Mt. Greylock tomorrow. I wonder if there'll be drug testing. ;-)
     
  4. dc

    dc Guest

    "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > From Stolen Underground:
    >
    > Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
    > 1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final
    > words, "I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as
    > high as 60.1 percent in previous years.
    > 2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
    > 3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is
    > not alone.



    1. Dozens of witnesses see a crash in the Desert near Roswell, NM.
    2. The Army reports to the press they have recovered a crashed UFO.
    3. Various military personel obtain pieces from crashed UFO that family
    members/friends see and handle. Material has inexplicable qualities.
    4. Government mysteriously changes its story and denies that a UFO has
    been recovered. Says its a "weather balloon" instead.
    5. Dozens of witnesses (who, 50 years later, swear to this) say that
    military officials have threatened to kill them if they ever talk about
    what happened.
    6. Years later, witnesses (including former military personel) defy the
    death threats and talk about recovered alien bodies from the wreckage.
    7. More than a dozen (as opposed to one) book have been written on the
    subject.

    I'm sure there are more facts that I could come up with it if I googled
    around a bit. There are an awful lot of people who swear this happened who
    have no financial gain in the matter but only stand to be ridiculed (or
    even killed if you believe them).

    I'm sure I could come up with a similar list with regards to "evidence"
    that a missle hit the Pentagon on 9/11 instead of an airplane. There was a
    book written about as well.

    Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened. There is evidence
    and books about that.

    The Navy made a ship dissapear in Philidelphia during WW2 and it
    materialized miles away. There are books and even a movie about that.
     
  5. B. Lafferty wrote:

    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>>The cycling world is changing! The top riders are going down. Riders
    >>>who
    >>>continue to cheat will be exposed. The biggest shake-ups are yet to
    >>>come!
    >>>Everyone stay tuned and continue to inform USADA of all info. The dopers
    >>>are scared. It is no longer safe to dope in America, the dopers will be
    >>>stopped.

    >>
    >>
    >>According to a discussion I had about this last week, the last sentence is
    >>far from true.

    >
    >
    > I agree that the last sentence is overly optimistic. We're doing a time
    > trial up Mt. Greylock tomorrow. I wonder if there'll be drug testing. ;-)
    >
    >


    Uggh--sounds like fun!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001
     
  6. I think Simeoni did more than 'speak out' against them...

    > 12. Simeoni speaks out against Ferrari and Lance Armstrong chases him down
    > in the Tour de France and says, "I was protecting the interests of the
    > peloton. The other riders were very grateful,"
     
  7. dc wrote:

    > "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >
    >>From Stolen Underground:
    >>
    >>Ok lets back things up a couple of months......
    >>1. Marco Pantani dies of a overdose in a hotel room writing his final
    >>words, "I am not a cheat", even though his hemocrit was recorded as
    >>high as 60.1 percent in previous years.
    >>2. Current pros and family blame the media for killing Pantani
    >>3. Matt DeCanio speaks out about doping in America and states he is
    >>not alone.

    >
    >
    >
    > 1. Dozens of witnesses see a crash in the Desert near Roswell, NM.
    > 2. The Army reports to the press they have recovered a crashed UFO.
    > 3. Various military personel obtain pieces from crashed UFO that family
    > members/friends see and handle. Material has inexplicable qualities.
    > 4. Government mysteriously changes its story and denies that a UFO has
    > been recovered. Says its a "weather balloon" instead.
    > 5. Dozens of witnesses (who, 50 years later, swear to this) say that
    > military officials have threatened to kill them if they ever talk about
    > what happened.
    > 6. Years later, witnesses (including former military personel) defy the
    > death threats and talk about recovered alien bodies from the wreckage.
    > 7. More than a dozen (as opposed to one) book have been written on the
    > subject.
    >
    > I'm sure there are more facts that I could come up with it if I googled
    > around a bit. There are an awful lot of people who swear this happened who
    > have no financial gain in the matter but only stand to be ridiculed (or
    > even killed if you believe them).
    >
    > I'm sure I could come up with a similar list with regards to "evidence"
    > that a missle hit the Pentagon on 9/11 instead of an airplane. There was a
    > book written about as well.
    >
    > Roosevelt knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened. There is evidence
    > and books about that.
    >
    > The Navy made a ship dissapear in Philidelphia during WW2 and it
    > materialized miles away. There are books and even a movie about that.
    >



    Your point is?
    I don't think anyone has maintained that all the rumor, inuendo etc. is
    100% accurate. I'm rather inclined to believe that is isn't.
    So what? The incidents, admissions, statistics begin to pile up. You
    suggest we do what?
    You're not a Holocaust denier, are you?

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001
     
  8. dc

    dc Guest

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >
    >
    > Your point is?
    > I don't think anyone has maintained that all the rumor, inuendo
    > etc. is
    > 100% accurate. I'm rather inclined to believe that is isn't.
    > So what? The incidents, admissions, statistics begin to pile up.
    > You
    > suggest we do what?
    > You're not a Holocaust denier, are you?
    >
    > Steve
    >


    My point is that rumer and innuendo don't mean facts and that you can find
    a laundry list like Lafferty's with just about any conspiricy theory out
    there (including Holocaust denying). If Lance is guilty it will come out.
    If he's not it will never be "proven" he'll just continue on with all these
    accusers.

    Why the hostility? Why is it SO important that Lance be guilty? I'm just
    trying to point out (like I said above) that anyone can come up with a
    laundry list like this for any agenda. It doesn't prove anything. I
    really don't care about Lance per se but I do wonder about all the people
    who dwell on him and his alleged doping. Get a life. If's he's found
    guilty you can say "Ha! I told you so!" but you'll still have to go to
    work the next day.
     
  9. gym gravity

    gym gravity Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:

    > - Non USAC license holders are not subject to out of competition testing,
    > thus can remain below the surface whilst building up their bodies on
    > whatever program they want to use, then show up for a big race with their
    > blood and urine clear


    How can they make a career out of this? It would have to be someone
    that let their license expire (assuming their last year's license was
    taken out in the early spring) and long enough for a few months free of
    out of comp testing and "preparation" and clensing, then to renew the
    license a few days before a big event? What Domestic team could sponsor
    a guy that didn't race all spring? Maybe I'm just thinking of the wrong
    tier of rider. I guess the guy that might find himself in this
    situation would be more of an up-and-commer local making the
    breakthrough in one season.
     
Loading...
Loading...