not a member, but ? on lost weight, still have a belly

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Eddie G, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Eddie G

    Eddie G Guest

    Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32, but still have a belly and
    love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more weight? I really don't want
    to lose much or I'd be too thin elsewhere.

    Thanks,

    Eddie G

    Tags:

  2. Congratulations on losing so much, Eddie. From experience, I can say that it depends on your age
    whether the loose skin will go away. I lost almost 100 pounds when in my early 40's & all the skin
    did shrink in - it took up to 6 months to do so. Now I am 65 & at this age, the skin will not shrink
    - I was actually surprised at how much has shrunk (130 pounds off) - but I know that a great deal of
    the loose skin will just remain. Just remember that you have a great life now & your health. If the
    lose skin does worry you, it can be surgically removed - very costly though. Elaine K

    Eddie G wrote:

    >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32, but still have a belly and
    >love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more weight? I really don't want
    >to lose much or I'd be too thin elsewhere.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Eddie G

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    It may redistribute. Do you know where you fit on the WW weight/height charts? 164 is the upper
    weight for someone 5'8" (somewhat age dependent)

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:22:43 -0500, "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote:

    >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32, but still have a belly and
    >love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more weight? I really don't want
    >to lose much or I'd be too thin elsewhere.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Eddie G

  4. Eddie G

    Eddie G Guest

    I'm 5'10"

    > It may redistribute. Do you know where you fit on the WW weight/height charts? 164 is the upper
    > weight for someone 5'8" (somewhat age dependent)
    >
    > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:22:43 -0500, "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32,
    but
    > >still have a belly and love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more
    > >weight? I really don't want to lose much or I'd
    be
    > >too thin elsewhere.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Eddie G

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Then you are doing well. As Elaine mentioned, age has a lot to do with "skin" melding back in. But
    the body will redistribute weight. My face has refilled out a bit after my 60 pound loss. My spare
    tire is now suitable for a road bike (G)

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:51:11 -0500, "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote:

    >I'm 5'10"
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> It may redistribute. Do you know where you fit on the WW weight/height charts? 164 is the upper
    >> weight for someone 5'8" (somewhat age dependent)
    >>
    >> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:22:43 -0500, "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32,
    >but
    >> >still have a belly and love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more
    >> >weight? I really don't want to lose much or I'd
    >be
    >> >too thin elsewhere.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >
    >> >Eddie G

  6. Don't forget that body type influences how your weight is distributed.
    You can get a refresher course in body types (ectomorph, mesomorph,
    endomorph) at dummies.com. Search body type. Or click on this link:
    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-488.html

    Love handles are characteristic of male endomorphs. Strengthening/ toning the abdominal muscles can
    help some. But the hard truth is that some of us will never have "six-pack abs" no matter what we
    do, no matter how low our BMI or our body fat % goes.

    Prairie Roots

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:22:43 -0500, "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote:

    >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32, but still have a belly and
    >love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more weight? I really don't want
    >to lose much or I'd be too thin elsewhere.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Eddie G

  7. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I recently heard the "extra tire" and "love Handles" referred to as the
    equator of happiness. I loved that one!
    My bet is things will redistribute.
    Bird
    "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32,
    but
    > still have a belly and love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more
    > weight? I really don't want to lose much or I'd
    be
    > too thin elsewhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eddie G

  8. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    comcast.net> wrote:

    >Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32, but still have a belly and
    >love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more weight? I really don't want
    >to lose much or I'd be too thin elsewhere.

    Sounds from other posts as if you have the right weight for your size so the problem is too much
    fat, too little muscle. You can try cardio and weight lifting to get some muscle back, and if you
    try to keep your weight constant the fat will tend to go away. It may be a good idea to look at body
    fat measuring devices. Unfortunately tummy and love handle fat is usually the last to go, but it
    will go given diet, exercise and time. To get ABS you'll need to get down to about 8% fat and that
    is not going to happen anytime soon. If it does - please tell me how you did it :)

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/206/182

  9. I think it depends on your activity level, after a loss of substantial
    weight it does seem that the body redistributes some of the fat stores, good
    luck, Lee
    Eddie G <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32,
    but
    > still have a belly and love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more
    > weight? I really don't want to lose much or I'd
    be
    > too thin elsewhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eddie G

  10. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi Eddie, I'm no expert but maybe you need to tone your abs with exercise?
    That might help things along... let us know what you decide to do... :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "Eddie G" <mickeddie at comcast.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Since last March I went from 185 to 164, went from a size 35 pant to 32,
    but
    > still have a belly and love handles. Will that fat eventually get lost without losing any more
    > weight? I really don't want to lose much or I'd
    be
    > too thin elsewhere.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eddie G