not all hoons are bad...

"flyingdutch" wrote:

> http://peterbrock.com.au/home/upcomingevents.html
>
> hopefully he has come out with a bicycle-friendly version of those
> crystals :rolleyes:

Nope, sorry, I don't see this as a bicycle-friendly hoon. It's simply self
interest - build a bike track (where ther's a perfectly good road) and 'get
those bloody cyclists off the road'.

Pretty much like BV not doing much to help on-road cyclists by continually
lobbying for more bike paths. Now if Brocky and BV would get together and
campaign for serious bike-friendly driver education, that would make a
difference.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Peter Signorini said:
Pretty much like BV not doing much to help on-road cyclists by continually lobbying for more bike paths

ahem! you seemed to have conveniently forgotten all the onroad lanes they campaign for as well. couldn't agree more about the bike-friendly driver Ed tho.

Our 'BR' ride comes back along the St.A>>Hurstbridge>>YarraGlen Rd and I doubt i would ever ride the intended path (nor would the many other roadies who are out that way...), but many would. Choices, and all that. more people riding more often, etc etc

FWIW my brother (currently team mech with DickJohnsonRacingTeam) worked with he MOBIL team back when brocky was winning, and part of Brocky's team contract was all the team had to accept and use the branded mtb given to all of em.
Bro passed it on after a bit and it was my first bike with rapidfire thingies...

"flyingdutch" wrote:

> Peter Signorini Wrote:
>> Pretty much like BV not doing much to help on-road cyclists by
>> continually lobbying for more bike paths

> ahem! you seemed to have conveniently forgotten all the onroad lanes
> they campaign for as well.

Bike lanes? Hehehehe!

Out my way (City of Whitehorse) it's a dogs breakfast. Bike lanes that start
and stop, and not legal lanes as they have no signs; obstructions built into
the 'bike lanes' because they are trying to control the motor vehicle
traffic; lanes on quiet secondary roads that go nowhere; but none on most
main roads, which is where commuting cyclists ride. The ratio of roads to
bike lanes would be a factor of at least 100:1. BV has a long way to go
still.

I do agree, bike lanes may be a cycling success story from BV in the inner
suburbs, but out here they tend to be the bit of road that nobody else uses,
free to reclaim for traffic as traffic engineers see fit.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@

Peter Signorini said:
[...]

ah, whitehorse. or shold that be 'white elephant' ?!?!

with a 'Bike advisory committee' which basically hears what the locals want but doesnt listen. rather patronising :(

BTW Vicroads/council build them.
funny how 'everyone' assumes it should be BV fixing it :rolleyes:
They can ask/lobby/cajole/nag/beg but they cant build anything.