UK and Europe · Public discussion

Not cleaning my bike

Started by John Mallard · · Last activity · 1 post · 812 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
29 December 2003
Last activity
29 December 2003
Original author
John Mallard
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
812
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I never clean my bike after the beginning of November. My theory being that the build up of oily
    smeg around the bottom bracket area will actually protect it from the salt and griitings that I will
    have to be commuting through from now until the end of February.

    The only problem is that, traditionally, I go out every year with a group of mates and acquaintances
    (most of whom are only occasional cyclists) for an après Christmas run round the lanes (oh all
    right, the pubs) south of B'ham.

    The problem is that I want to show off my bike. I mean, most of the other guys only know me as
    "Wossis name's mate" "The guy that's a real cyclist" " The guy who's bike is worth well over a
    grand". So I always fall for it - I feel behoven to put on some sort of show. I bloody clean the
    bike up the night before. (And then stand looking at it a lot - Pass the tissues ;-) )

    Well this year I've managed it. Hurrah!!! We go out tomorrow. I've spent all day, and very
    twitchily, all night, not cleaning it. I'm safe 'till March!

    Well done me.

    --
    Cheerful Peddling John Mallard

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.