not coker 36" wheel sets

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by malbird, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. malbird

    malbird Guest

    Tags:

  2. malbird wrote:
    > *Can any one tell me where I can find out about Dave Stockton or U
    > Turns 36" wheels.:) I want to put a good wheel on a Hunter 36 frame. *

    Talk to Dave. I only met him once, but he is very nice and helpful. He
    will tell you everything you want to know about his work in advance. His
    work is, as you seem to know, really top of the line stuff. Just PM him
    I'd say.

    edit: They are the same person if ya didn't know.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Judge me by my size, do you?

    [image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
    singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com

  3. GILD

    GILD Guest

    'here' (http://tinyurl.com/66hg5) and 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3wj9j)
    but not 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-tosser and Time-bider

    If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
    -- Alice 'Roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) Longworth
    I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.
    -- Oscar Levant

    '[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    Namaste!
    Dave

  4. GILD

    GILD Guest

    malbird wrote:
    > *Can any one tell me where I can find out about Dave Stockton or U
    > Turns 36" wheels.:)*

    'here' (http://tinyurl.com/66hg5) and 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3wj9j)
    but not 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-tosser and Time-bider

    If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
    -- Alice 'Roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) Longworth
    I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.
    -- Oscar Levant

    '[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    Namaste!
    Dave

  5. GILD

    GILD Guest

    malbird wrote:
    > *Can any one tell me where I can find out about Dave Stockton or U
    > Turns 36" wheels.:)*

    'here' (http://tinyurl.com/66hg5) and 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3wj9j)
    but not 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze)

    --
    GILD - Waffle-tosser and Time-bider

    If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
    -- Alice 'Roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) Longworth
    I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away.
    -- Oscar Levant

    '[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
    (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    Namaste!
    Dave

  6. nathan

    nathan Guest

    Here's a thread I started almost a year and a half ago when I got my
    first Dave Stockton Super Coker wheel: 'Hunter36.'
    (http://tinyurl.com/2r9cl)
    Read all the posts...there are links in there to my photos and to Dave's
    gallery with videos etc. And you've seen the wheel in Universe 2.

    Over all that time and so many miles I have been competely happy with
    Dave's Super Coker wheels and have had several friends upgrade to them
    successfully. I can't think of a time I ever trued either wheel! Not
    even one or two spokes! And that is thousands of miles including lots of
    hard offroad. Not to mention plane trips to Norway and New Zealand with
    the wheel in just a simple non-reinforced cordura bag. If Ryan's 7 1/2
    foot drop doesn't convince you, then this should.

    By coincidence I am heading over to Rick Hunter's shop this evening to
    pick up another Hunter36 frame for Beau. I am sold on this combo for
    long distance riding. I'm also picking up a custom extension handle -
    basically similar to the old Wygnaowski design, but with these
    changes:

    Adjustable length and height
    4 bolts instead of 2
    Acts as seatpost clamp
    No extension behind the seat, just in front

    Scot Cooper worked out this design with Rick a while ago and has been
    using one for a while on his Hunter36.

    ---Nathan

    --
    nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
    nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

  7. aspenmike

    aspenmike Guest

    I won my National Championship (Marathon at NAUCC 04') with one, and a
    GB4 36er frame, another excellent choice for frames. It all starts with
    wheel though.

    | Attachment filename: mikes gb436er .jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/242762|

    aspenmike - unicycling albino
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768

  8. nathan

    nathan Guest

    I completely agree Mike. It's all in the wheel. It's nice to get a
    custom frame since they are a little stiffer and come with brake mounts
    and look nicer. But a stock frame, slightly bent, will do. The wheel is
    king.

    ---Nathan