Not much snow in Scotland last week

"J MacEwan" <[email protected]> wrote

> Still not much about on the Blackmount, Mamores, Nevis etc. Bit more over the other side of
> Rannoch Moor.
>
> Some pics from Saturday 28th:
>
> http://johnmacewan7785.fotopic.net/c126081.html

What's it like for biking...all rideable?...many walkers this time of year? Nice covering of snow
down South over the weekend for sliding your tyres about on. Did make following those crappy man
made trails that twist and turn through the trees a bit hard to follow though.

"J MacEwan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Still not much about on the Blackmount, Mamores, Nevis etc. Bit more over the other side of
> Rannoch Moor.
>
> Some pics from Saturday 28th:
>
> http://johnmacewan7785.fotopic.net/c126081.html

Got to agree, not much snow but you had the "other" good weather. I'm sitting here planing
tomorrows trip, going by the forecasts the weather is changing again, snow forecast for both east
and west highlands above 1200', gusts of up to 70mph at tops.(Met Office) I gather a few forecasts
and work out where to go depending on time etc, whether I'm driving up tonight or not etc. This
site (again) http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/uk/mountain/index.html gives Lochnagar gusts up to
114mph, while Cairngorms are only expecting 34mph????? It's forecast that way before, they must be
doing something wrong. I'll wait until after 3pm and have a look at Geoff Monks forecast, that's
the one I tend to trust.

Looks like eastern highlands for less severe weather?

KRO

On 1 Mar 2004 15:18:37 -0800, [email protected] (J MacEwan)
wrote:

>> Ah dear, location, location, location! The radio has been announcing wintry weather for the past
>> week in the north-east of Scotland, treacherous roads etc. Sounds just what you're after :)
>> Closest I've been was the Monadhliath Mountains at the weekend, lots of snow around, and as it
>> was my first visit here, my preconceived ideas went out the window when I saw the large cornices
>> on Carn Dearg!
>>
>> KRO
>
>Still not much about on the Blackmount, Mamores, Nevis etc. Bit more over the other side of
>Rannoch Moor.

None on Stob a'Choire Odhair on Sunday(29th Feb) Plenty visible over in Moidart and Alder NE wards ,
Mounth etc well white.

Richard Webb

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:30:14 +0100, W. D. Grey wrote:

>In article
><[email protected]>, Phil Cook
><[email protected]> writes
>>As for the corrupted Snowdon Horseshoe it looks fine to
>>me (online) unless you call having Ian in the pic
>>corruption. :)
>Or an artifact :)

If it was Paul I would say Arti-farty-type. :)
--
Phil Cook looking north over the park to the
"Westminster Gasworks"