Not needed tools

Mikael Seierup

Guest
Isnt it just typical that when you buy a crankpuller, the damned things pop off on their own when
you loosen the bolts. :)

M.

> Isnt it just typical that when you buy a crankpuller, the damned things pop off on their own when
> you loosen the bolts. :)

Maybe your scary crank puller tool intimidated the cranks into jumping off the spindle voluntarily.
Little 150mm cranks probably tell stories around the campfire about people like you, and develop a
fear of crank pullers when they grow up to be 175mm cranks. Your cranks just panicked.

-=B=-

Mikael Seierup wrote:

> Isnt it just typical that when you buy a crankpuller, the damned things pop off on their own when
> you loosen the bolts. :)

Was it a square taper, ISIS splined or Shimano splined BB/crank?

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Boy! if they just popped right off, whoever put them on must not know what they were doing. thank
god i'm a very good bicycle mechanic myself. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

"Tom Sherman" skrev ...

> Mikael Seierup wrote:
> >
> > Isnt it just typical that when you buy a crankpuller, the damned things pop off on their own
> > when you loosen the bolts. :)
>
> Was it a square taper, ISIS splined or Shimano splined BB/crank?

Ultegra. Octalink I suppose.

M.

"Guess Who I Am" skrev...
> Boy! if they just popped right off, whoever put them on must not know what they were doing. thank
> god i'm a very good bicycle mechanic myself.

They popped right off _after_ I took off the bolts. ;-) I wasn't unhappy with them popping off as
this was the effect I desired. Only annoys me that I bought a crankpuller.

M.

Mikael Seierup <[email protected]> wrote:

: They popped right off _after_ I took off the bolts. ;-) I wasn't unhappy with them popping off as
: this was the effect I desired. Only annoys me that I bought a crankpuller.

you should have done like me, screw in the tool, then comment "whoa! good tool - they just
popped off!".

in '98 I bought a tool for the rear cassette. this year I used it
- twice!

ps. sorry for the lack of capitals this ssh software is not functioning properly right now, or then
it's the XP itself.

Guess Who I Am wrote:

> Boy! if they just popped right off, whoever put them on must not know what they were doing. thank
> god i'm a very good bicycle mechanic myself. Thank you Earl

If anything goes wrong on my Sunset, I will place the blame on the last professional bicycle
mechanic to work on it. ;)

Tom Sherman - Professional Smart Ass

Guess Who I Am wrote:

> Tom: that was Larry.

Note: I said "Professional" bicycle mechanic. ;)

Actually, the only problem I have with setup is that the rear derailleur cable is too short, due to
the frame being extended about 5-inches more than it was when Barb had the bike.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Guess Who I Am wrote:

> Tom: com'on now don't know that Larry is a jury rigger while Ed is a N----- rigger. BTW are you
> coming to the party.

I did remove Larry's Jubilee clips (hose clamps) and cable ties on my Sunset and re-mounted the seat
and rack in the intended way.

I thought Ed Gin was the "frame breaker".

200 miles and Chicago traffic to attend a party? Why not, even though some idiot crashed my Sunset
in the wet parking lot last year. ;)

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Tom,

You are correct....a breaker of many things not limited to cycling.

And Earl just what is N-----rigger?

My bikes are set up pretty nicely IMO.

Ed

Tom Sherman wrote:

> Guess Who I Am wrote:
> >
> > Tom: com'on now don't know that Larry is a jury rigger while Ed is a N----- rigger. BTW are you
> > coming to the party.
>
> I did remove Larry's Jubilee clips (hose clamps) and cable ties on my Sunset and re-mounted the
> seat and rack in the intended way.
>
> I thought Ed Gin was the "frame breaker".
>
> 200 miles and Chicago traffic to attend a party? Why not, even though some idiot crashed my Sunset
> in the wet parking lot last year. ;)
>
> Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Tom,

What party are you referring to? Is it open to list readers, lurkers, etc? Must be pretty good to
tolerate a 400 mile journey? How was it last year? Thanks.

Rich

Rich Long wrote:

> Tom,
>
> What party are you referring to? Is it open to list readers, lurkers, etc? Must be pretty good to
> tolerate a 400 mile journey? How was it last year? Thanks.

The party is organized by Ed Gin, so questions should be directed to him. Most of the attendees are
the usual Chicagoland suspects.

As for last year, my thigh bruise was only superficial. ;)

Tom Sherman - Honorary Chicagoland Recumbent Rider