Not OT - Porsche recall.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Tags:

  2. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

  3. Chris Heys

    Chris Heys Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:24:22 -0000, "Simon Mason"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >From this week's Auto Express
    >
    > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zporsche.htm
    >
    >Simon Mason

    It's very nice of them to repair it for free(!), especially as they're downgrading you from carbon
    to alu components. Still, at £5,000 a bike I doubt if any owners would care.

    Chris

  4. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    Chris Heys <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > It's very nice of them to repair it for free(!), especially as they're downgrading you from carbon
    > to alu components.

    I dunno, downgrading from a bit that could well break, sending you over the handlebars at the worst
    possible moment, to a bit that won't - I'd take that downgrade. No doubt they'll anodise it some
    nice colour to keep people happy :)

    Graeme

  5. MartinM wrote:

    > The inference from the article is that carbon failure on their cars is more serious than on their
    > bikes, what is made of CF on the car?

    All of it, basically. See
    http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/chassis/default.htm

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Chris Heys <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >From this week's Auto Express
    > >
    > > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zporsche.htm
    > >
    > >Simon Mason
    > >
    > It's very nice of them to repair it for free(!), especially as they're downgrading you from carbon
    > to alu components.

    Downgrade?

    It didn't work, now it does! How is that a downgrade?

    --
    Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply Printing for clubs of all
    types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines

  7. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    marc wrote:

    > It didn't work, now it does! How is that a downgrade?

    I think he means that they should replace it with another bit of carbon that *works*.

    Simon