Not OT - Porsche recall.

Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<403e3c91.0@entanet>...
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > From this week's Auto Express
> >
> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zporsche.htm
> >
> > Simon Mason
> >

> <Nelson Muntz voice> Ha ha!

The inference from the article is that carbon failure on their cars is more serious than on their
bikes, what is made of CF on the car?

Chris Heys <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It's very nice of them to repair it for free(!), especially as they're downgrading you from carbon
> to alu components.

I dunno, downgrading from a bit that could well break, sending you over the handlebars at the worst
possible moment, to a bit that won't - I'd take that downgrade. No doubt they'll anodise it some
nice colour to keep people happy :)

Graeme

MartinM wrote:

> The inference from the article is that carbon failure on their cars is more serious than on their
> bikes, what is made of CF on the car?

All of it, basically. See
http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/chassis/default.htm

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Chris Heys <[email protected]> wrote:

> >From this week's Auto Express
> >
> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zporsche.htm
> >
> >Simon Mason
> >
> It's very nice of them to repair it for free(!), especially as they're downgrading you from carbon
> to alu components.

Downgrade?

It didn't work, now it does! How is that a downgrade?

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply Printing for clubs of all
types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines

marc wrote:

> It didn't work, now it does! How is that a downgrade?

I think he means that they should replace it with another bit of carbon that *works*.

Simon