Not so good Waitrose.

> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
> at their local Waitrose.
> Well, ours are not so hot.
> This is all we've got:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm
>
> That's one reason why I walk there.
>
> --
> Simon Mason
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

John

"John" <[email protected]> of ntl Cablemodem News Service wrote:

>"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
>> at their local Waitrose.
>> Well, ours are not so hot.
>> This is all we've got:
>>
>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm
>>
>> That's one reason why I walk there.
>>
>> --
>> Simon Mason
>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

>I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
>local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

Whereas at my local Aldi they direct cyclists to the rails around the
trolley park to use as cycle stands!
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> writes:

> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
> their local Waitrose.
> Well, ours are not so hot.
> This is all we've got:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm
>
> That's one reason why I walk there.

Have a natter with the manager. I think all Waitrose staff are
shareholders so it's in their interests for you to want to shop there
and you'll carry more on a bike than you would if you were walking
etc. Ours has 5-6 hoops under cover but not in a nasty hidden place
where someone could mess around with a pair of boltcroppers
unobserved.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck

Steph Peters wrote:
> "John" <[email protected]> of ntl Cablemodem News Service wrote:
>
>> "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were
>>> at their local Waitrose.
>>> Well, ours are not so hot.
>>> This is all we've got:
>>>
>>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm
>>>
>>> That's one reason why I walk there.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Simon Mason
>>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

>> I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
>> local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

> Whereas at my local Aldi they direct cyclists to the rails around the
> trolley park to use as cycle stands!
> --
> Steph Peters
> Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
> Monthly slow and easy rides from South Manchester
> http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/cycling/chwan.htm

Having recently moved home, I went for the first time to my new bank
branch and found nowhere for bikes. I spoke to the young lady at the
Enquiry desk to suggest that they might consider a modest stand or two.
Looking at me as I stood there dressed in full winter cycling kit, she
told me "There's no need for bike parking because no-one comes here on a
bike"!!

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

On 2007-01-17, Mike Causer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:39:04 +0000, Paul Boyd wrote:
>
>> I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
>> put your bike?????

> Shared use Sheffield stand at Waitrose Newmarket:
> http://www.camcycle.org.uk/map/location/8818/

Nah, that's the latest in bike security technology that is... :)

Regards,

-david

Brian G wrote:
> Steph Peters wrote:
> > "John" <[email protected]> of ntl Cablemodem News Service wrote:
> >
> >> "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> I think a real case of not understanding a cyclists needs. Mind you at my
> >> local Asda they think that Sheffield stands are for trolley parking!

> > Whereas at my local Aldi they direct cyclists to the rails around the
> > trolley park to use as cycle stands!
> > --
> > Steph Peters
> > Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
> > Monthly slow and easy rides from South Manchester
> > http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/cycling/chwan.htm

> Having recently moved home, I went for the first time to my new bank
> branch and found nowhere for bikes. I spoke to the young lady at the
> Enquiry desk to suggest that they might consider a modest stand or two.
> Looking at me as I stood there dressed in full winter cycling kit, she
> told me "There's no need for bike parking because no-one comes here on a
> bike"!!
>
> --
> Brian G
> www.wetwo.co.uk

Time to prove her right and sign up with the competition.

Simon Mason wrote:
> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
> their local Waitrose.
> Well, ours are not so hot.
> This is all we've got:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

Ah bless. The naivety is quite sweet really.

So who's going to start running a cycle parking farcility of the month?

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Boyd wrote:
>Simon Mason said the following on 17/01/2007 17:30:
>> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
>> their local Waitrose.
>> Well, ours are not so hot.
>> This is all we've got:
>>
>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

>I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
>put your bike?????

Lean bike against the wall, lock frame to the little post.

Simon Mason wrote:

> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
> their local Waitrose.
> Well, ours are not so hot.
> This is all we've got:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm
>
> That's one reason why I walk there.

A bike would only have to be slightly longer than normal to be able to
use both the middle and right hand stands at once, and reduce the
chances of bending your wheels...

TL

On 18 Jan 2007 11:56:07 +0000 (GMT), Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Paul Boyd wrote:
>>Simon Mason said the following on 17/01/2007 17:30:
>>> Someone posted a comment about how good the cycle parking facilities were at
>>> their local Waitrose.
>>> Well, ours are not so hot.
>>> This is all we've got:
>>>
>>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zwait.htm

>>I can see the little posts for tying your dog up to, but where do you
>>put your bike?????

> Lean bike against the wall, lock frame to the little post.

With a reasonably long chain, even a lamp-post is usable.

--
Stephen Patterson :: [email protected] :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: [email protected]