Not the weather forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyMorris wrote:
> MSeries wrote:

> Strange, I always think of it as north-south.

I considered it as west to east as I started west of where I live and finished east, all of it is
south of my house. It goes diagonally though so I guess one could say we are both right !!

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Ningi wrote:

>
> I think all the other cyclists in Britain must have been in Richmond park.
>
> It certainly seemed that way :)

It's a long time since I rode round Richmond Park and a bit of a way to go now.

> Nice day though.

Grim. SWMBO wanted to go shopping at 10.30 with a friend and I had promised to babysit so I was off
at the crack of 8 for a ride. Out over the Sidlaws as it got light heading for Glamis Castle. OK on
the way out apart from it being a bit soft.

Heading along the A94 from Meigle towards Glamis and I realised that leaning right to stay upright
meant a big southerly wind and a serious risk of being in the doghouse if I didn't get a move on so
diverted south. Uphill into the wind and rain and running out of gears. The parallel minor road
tothe A94 runnign back to Newtyle was quite nice but it was raining and cold and windy. Just zoned
out completely on teh way back.. that feeling when the body goes into automatic and just hunkers
down for the duration till I was back to Birkhill and then it was downhill almost all the way. Must
be getting fitter as despite the wind and rain it still only took 45 mins up from Newtyle and down
through to Lochee.

Cold, wet, hard work and a bit miserable but still better than vegging out in front of the telly or
DIY and helping to get the weight off (now up to -13 kilos)

..d

Ningi wrote:

>
> I think all the other cyclists in Britain must have been in Richmond park.
>
> It certainly seemed that way :)

It's a long time since I rode round Richmond Park and a bit of a way to go now.

> Nice day though.

Grim. SWMBO wanted to go shopping at 10.30 with a friend and I had promised to babysit so I was off
at the crack of 8 for a ride. Out over the Sidlaws as it got light heading for Glamis Castle. OK on
the way out apart from it being a bit soft.

Heading along the A94 from Meigle towards Glamis and I realised that leaning right to stay upright
meant a big southerly wind and a serious risk of being in the doghouse if I didn't get a move on so
diverted south. Uphill into the wind and rain and running out of gears. The parallel minor road
tothe A94 runnign back to Newtyle was quite nice but it was raining and cold and windy. Just zoned
out completely on teh way back.. that feeling when the body goes into automatic and just hunkers
down for the duration till I was back to Birkhill and then it was downhill almost all the way. Must
be getting fitter as despite the wind and rain it still only took 45 mins up from Newtyle and down
through to Lochee.

Cold, wet, hard work and a bit miserable but still better than vegging out in front of the telly or
DIY and helping to get the weight off (now up to -13 kilos)

..d

Status
Not open for further replies.