note: Humour impaired ignore

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike O'Brien, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    War continues in Iraq. They're calling it Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were going to call it
    Operation Iraqi Liberation until they realized that spells 'OIL...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    ---

  2. Skip

    Skip Guest

    This one is funny, but I'm thinking it could be true.

    skip

  3. "Mike O'Brien" skrev...
    > War continues in Iraq. They're calling it Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were going to call it
    > Operation Iraqi Liberation until they realized that spells 'OIL...

    While on the subject of less fortunate acronyms (and oil). The Danish Oil and Natural Gas-consortium
    is called... DONG. No idea what they were thinking.

    M.

  4. I can beat that one (not beat the dong)...oh never mind. In Canada (ya'll remember Canada, the
    country whose Prime Minister's secretary refered to Dubya during a Press conference as a Moron).
    Well we had 2 Federal (Right Wing Parties) named the Alliance and the Reform and they merged. Their
    new name was the Canadian Reform Alliance Party. You know it took them weeks before they realized
    their Party initials formed the word CRAP....DOH

    > "Mike O'Brien" skrev...
    > > War continues in Iraq. They're calling it Operation Iraqi Freedom. They were going to call it
    > > Operation Iraqi Liberation until they realized that spells 'OIL...
    >
    > While on the subject of less fortunate acronyms (and oil). The Danish Oil and Natural
    > Gas-consortium is called... DONG. No idea what they were thinking.
    >
    > M.

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Joshua Goldberg wrote:

    > I can beat that one (not beat the dong)...oh never mind. In Canada (ya'll remember Canada, the
    > country whose Prime Minister's secretary refered to Dubya during a Press conference as a Moron).
    > Well we had 2 Federal (Right Wing Parties) named the Alliance and the Reform and they merged.
    > Their new name was the Canadian Reform Alliance Party. You know it took them weeks before they
    > realized their Party initials formed the word CRAP....DOH

    In their defense, people might have thought they were up to something fishy if they had chosen
    Canadian Alliance Reform Party instead.

  6. Guess What I've been a member of CARP for 2 years. The Canadian Association of Retired Persons.
    "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]conline.com...

    > Joshua Goldberg wrote:
    > >
    > > I can beat that one (not beat the dong)...oh never mind. In Canada (ya'll remember Canada, the
    > > country whose Prime Minister's secretary refered to Dubya during a Press conference as a
    > > Moron). Well
    we
    > > had 2 Federal (Right Wing Parties) named the Alliance and the Reform and they merged. Their new
    > > name was the Canadian Reform Alliance Party. You
    know
    > > it took them weeks before they realized their Party initials formed the
    word
    > > CRAP....DOH
    >
    > In their defense, people might have thought they were up to something fishy if they had chosen
    > Canadian Alliance Reform Party instead.

  7. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote in

    > Guess What I've been a member of CARP for 2 years. The Canadian
    Association of Retired
    > Persons.

    You know what they say... Carp Dium