Note to BHS Restaurant Customers

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

    Tags:

  2. In message <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    >mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.

    This is enigmatic. Please tell us more.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    > mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    Therein lies your problem, you've joined the words BHS and restaurant in the same sentence, tis
    impossible I tell you!

  4. On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:24:21 +0000, Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> in
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In message <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
    ><[email protected]> writes
    >>Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    >>mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    >
    >This is enigmatic. Please tell us more.

    Having purchased my macaroni chips and beans, I sat down in a window seat. The 2 people on the
    adjacent table gave me a "You look like you've just dropped out of a dog's bottom" kind of
    look, picked up their food and moved one table further away from me, where the adjacent table
    was also occupied.

    I had had a shower that morning and had only cycled about 3 miles.

    Perhaps they objected to my macaroni cheese smell?

    Maybe I have been a been a victim of harrassment. Perhaps they were "cyclistist"?

    --
    Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    the @ sign

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    > mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.

    If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!

  6. "Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does
    > > not mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    >
    > If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!

    My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating
    it. SteveP

  7. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Having purchased my macaroni chips and beans, I sat down in a window seat. The 2 people on the
    > adjacent table gave me a "You look like you've just dropped out of a dog's bottom" kind of look,
    > picked up their food and moved one table further away from me, where the adjacent table was also
    > occupied.
    >
    > I had had a shower that morning and had only cycled about 3 miles.
    >
    > Perhaps they objected to my macaroni cheese smell?
    >
    > Maybe I have been a been a victim of harrassment. Perhaps they were "cyclistist"?

    Maybe you are too sensitive and paranoid. Maybe it was not you. Maybe they were having a private
    conversation and didn't want someone sat near them listening.

    Tony

    http://www.raven-family.com

    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

  8. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    stephen pridgeon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating it.

    Especially with chips ;-)

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  9. Davo

    Davo Guest

    Maybe its because you are from the future...........

    check your clock

    maybe you wasnt there at all ...............

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    > mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

  10. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Maybe its because you are from the future...........
    >

    > check your clock
    >

    > maybe you wasnt there at all ...............

    Just don't go there tomorrow ... ;)

  11. Russell

    Russell Guest

    Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    > mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

    AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!

    Russell

  12. Mr_rolfi

    Mr_rolfi Guest

    Can I just say, God, this made me laugh. So much so that I forgot the refs bad game between inter
    and newcastle! :eek:p thankyou. I like dogs bottoms though...

    cheers,

    Dave Rollinson

    "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
    > mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    > --
    > Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
    > the @ sign

  13. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Maybe its because you are from the future...........
    >>

    >> check your clock
    >>

    >> maybe you wasnt there at all ...............
    >>

    > Just don't go there tomorrow ... ;)

    Too late, he already has ;-)

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  14. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!

    Indeed. A good metaphor is not to be sniffed at.

    --
    Dave...

  15. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!
    >
    > Indeed. A good metaphor is not to be sniffed at.

    What the Irish would call "Close Encounters of the Turd Kind" ?

    IGMC

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn

  16. Peter

    Peter Guest

    > Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > >> AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!
    > >
    > > Indeed. A good metaphor is not to be sniffed at.
    >
    > What the Irish would call "Close Encounters of the Turd Kind" ?
    >
    > IGMC
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > --
    > http://www.raven-family.com
    >
    > "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    > their job."
    >
    > Samuel Goldwyn

    Oh SAVE ME! ;-)

    Peter.

  17. "stephen pridgeon" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote
    in
    > > message news:p[email protected]...
    > > > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does
    > > > not mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
    > >
    > > If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!
    >
    > My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating it.

    Lots of people in Reading go about the place wearing cycling gear, and do not incur such
    problems in shops! However, The sort of processed cheese used to make high-street store
    restaurant grade macaroni cheese is low-grade stuff with a high casein content, and is certainly
    not pleasing to the nose.

    I'd also suspect the cheese rather than your mode of transport. Try dining on something *else*, and
    let us know what happens ;)

    Alex