Note to BHS Restaurant Customers

Richard Bates

Guest
Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

In message <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> writes
>Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
>mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.

This is enigmatic. Please tell us more.
--
Michael MacClancy

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
> mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

Therein lies your problem, you've joined the words BHS and restaurant in the same sentence, tis
impossible I tell you!

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:24:21 +0000, Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>In message <[email protected]>, Richard Bates
><[email protected]> writes
>>Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
>>mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
>
>This is enigmatic. Please tell us more.

Having purchased my macaroni chips and beans, I sat down in a window seat. The 2 people on the
adjacent table gave me a "You look like you've just dropped out of a dog's bottom" kind of
look, picked up their food and moved one table further away from me, where the adjacent table
was also occupied.

I had had a shower that morning and had only cycled about 3 miles.

Perhaps they objected to my macaroni cheese smell?

Maybe I have been a been a victim of harrassment. Perhaps they were "cyclistist"?

--
Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
the @ sign

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
> mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.

If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does
> > not mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
>
> If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!

My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating
it. SteveP

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote:

> Having purchased my macaroni chips and beans, I sat down in a window seat. The 2 people on the
> adjacent table gave me a "You look like you've just dropped out of a dog's bottom" kind of look,
> picked up their food and moved one table further away from me, where the adjacent table was also
> occupied.
>
> I had had a shower that morning and had only cycled about 3 miles.
>
> Perhaps they objected to my macaroni cheese smell?
>
> Maybe I have been a been a victim of harrassment. Perhaps they were "cyclistist"?

Maybe you are too sensitive and paranoid. Maybe it was not you. Maybe they were having a private
conversation and didn't want someone sat near them listening.

Tony

http://www.raven-family.com

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

stephen pridgeon <[email protected]> wrote:

> My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating it.

Especially with chips ;-)

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

Maybe its because you are from the future...........

check your clock

maybe you wasnt there at all ...............

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
> mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does not
> mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
> --
> Two fish suddenly swim into a brick wall. Damn! To reply put only the word "richard" before
> the @ sign

AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!

Russell

Can I just say, God, this made me laugh. So much so that I forgot the refs bad game between inter
and newcastle! :eek:p thankyou. I like dogs bottoms though...

cheers,

Dave Rollinson

elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Davo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Maybe its because you are from the future...........
>>

>> check your clock
>>

>> maybe you wasnt there at all ...............
>>

> Just don't go there tomorrow ... ;)

Too late, he already has ;-)

Tony

--

Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!
>
> Indeed. A good metaphor is not to be sniffed at.

What the Irish would call "Close Encounters of the Turd Kind" ?

IGMC

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
their job."

Samuel Goldwyn

> Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >
> >> AAARRGGHH! Dropped out of a dog's bottom .... love it!
> >
> > Indeed. A good metaphor is not to be sniffed at.
>
> What the Irish would call "Close Encounters of the Turd Kind" ?
>
> IGMC
>
> Tony
>
> --
> http://www.raven-family.com
>
> "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
> their job."
>
> Samuel Goldwyn

Oh SAVE ME! ;-)

Peter.

"stephen pridgeon" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > message news:p[email protected]...
> > > Just because I was wearing a red cycling jacket, and had a helmet tucked under my arm, it does
> > > not mean that I had just dropped out of a dog's bottom.
> >
> > If you had you would probably have been more acceptable!!
>
> My money is on the macaroni cheese. I would move if someone sat next to me and started eating it.

Lots of people in Reading go about the place wearing cycling gear, and do not incur such
problems in shops! However, The sort of processed cheese used to make high-street store
restaurant grade macaroni cheese is low-grade stuff with a high casein content, and is certainly
not pleasing to the nose.

I'd also suspect the cheese rather than your mode of transport. Try dining on something *else*, and
let us know what happens ;)

Alex