nothing quite like it

pineapple

Oct 3, 2003
I just got a new bike and it's reduced me to that childish state of happiness reserved only for new toys, that guys don't ever grow out of :D It's even worse cos it's my first road bike!

Anyway, It's a Scott AFD Elite 2003, and it was £650. Someone please tell me this is a good deal...?

Oops forgot to check for a reply on this post. The only difference between the two is the brakes, I think - and I don't know which are meant to be better. Not sure but the frame is probably the same. Anyway not bothered about it now, I'm more than happy! And the black and yellow looks much sleeker than the blue.

Originally posted by pineapple
I just got a new bike and it's reduced me to that childish state of happiness reserved only for new toys, that guys don't ever grow out of :D It's even worse cos it's my first road bike!

Anyway, It's a Scott AFD Elite 2003, and it was £650. Someone please tell me this is a good deal...?

Congratulations!! Never understood why Scott withdrew from the U.S. market. We can use all the choices we can get!!

Originally posted by serenaslu
Congratulations!! Never understood why Scott withdrew from the U.S. market. We can use all the choices we can get!!

Did they?? Seems pretty stupid, after all they are called Scott USA!

One disappointment about this bike is the tyres. It comes with Kenda Koncept K-191's of which my rear one was cut by gravel after less than two hundred miles. It's a shame cos the yellow goes really nicely with the paint job :D