Nothing ruins my day more than seeing a fat person walking around.

Yep, every post critical of obese people HAS to be from a troll ...
That's my Willow. :eek:)\

"Willow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>A troll fest.. where's the popcorn..
>
> --
> Will~
>
> "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."
>
> Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.
>

> <Observer> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On 17 Jan 2006 16:13:04 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> >Observer,
>> >
>> >There is an obvious difference between your average homosexual adult
>> >and a child molester. If you can't tell the difference between
>> >consenting adults and felony rape, mores the pity. If you believe that
>> >all homosexuals are child molesters, you are sadly misinformed. Either
>> >way, I can't sympathize with a child molester, hetero or homosexual,
>> >cleric or lay person.
>> >
>> >-Hollywood

>> Alright Hollywood, your response to that question was a reasonable one
>> although it does appear that the percentages of the male homosexual
>> population that are child molesters is far greater than that of the
>> heterosexual male population. Flagrant promiscuity is another story
>> altogether. The gay couple who live down the street and have led a
>> long-term quiet life relationship with each other doesn't bother me in
>> the least. . Now the next question; does your desire to see
>> homosexuals regarded in a more favorable way extend to the many who
>> loiter around public men's rest rooms obviously "on the prey". I
>> know of a road side rest stop that had to be closed by the highway
>> department because this problem was so severe.
>>
>> Observer

> lose

"Larry Bud" <[email protected]> contributed wisdom to
news:[email protected]:

> [email protected] wrote:
>> I have pity for poor shlubs who cover up a lack of self-esteem by
>> finding and pointing out superficial faults in others.

> While the OP is obviously flame baiting, obesity is not a "superficial"
> fault. It is a major health problem for many people.

And obviously it was posted with no ISP info, to these particular
newsgroups, as helpful information for obese people. :)
Come on. Its a sock-puppet troll. Not a real person.

Gandalf Parker

"LongJohn" <[email protected]> contributed wisdom to news:GAjzf.10219$H71.6665
@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

> Nice diversion. Now, as to the original point ...

Which is what? Turn happy fat people into stressed out thin ones?
Its already been recognized that isnt a working trade off.
The original point is not helpful.

Gandalf Parker

Wasn't the original point that Captain Blubberslap has a problem with
seeing fat people? That it ruins his day? If he changes his attitude
and stops obsessing about it, problem solved. He will lead a longer,
happier, healthier, more productive life. Or, if he simply cannot stop
obsessing, perhaps he could start a health campaign where he works.
Petition to get soda machines and snack machines removed from the office
lounge and replaced with healthier options, or start a lunchtime walking
or jogging group, or a weekend sports league of some sort. Or he could
volunteer at a school or church to run an after-school fitness club to
help prevent the younger generation from getting fat. There are
probably many more options for positive things he could do with his time
to help combat America's obesity problem.

In article <[email protected]>,
"LongJohn" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nice diversion. Now, as to the original point ...
>

> "Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > There is also an epidemic of stress and related mental and emotional
> > problems, evidenced by the alarming rise in prescriptions of
> > anti-anxiety medications, which also causes major health problems. Even
> > though stress problems often don't have physical signs everyone can see
> > like weight problems do, they are no less serious. I just found it
> > ironic that the OP was choosing to react to overweight people in such a
> > way as to potentially cause himself medical problems, when his complaint
> > about fat people is that they are sick and don't care enough about
> > themselves to be healthy. So, because others are sick, he's making
> > himself sick by choosing to obsess over the bad choices others make.
> >
> > And, I wasn't attacking him. I used the exact same reasoning he used
> > about fat people not caring enough about themselves to get thin to point
> > out he was also endangering his own health. Which he is.
> >
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Reader" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> While the OP obviously was baiting everyone here, your response and the
> >> response above you are very telling. Rather than addressing the chance
> >> that
> >> the OP might have a basis for his post and arguing with his point of
> >> view,
> >> you both chose to attack HIM personally, though you know nothing about
> >> him.
> >> Refusal to recognize that there IS an overweight epidemic is the main
> >> problem and it only serves to worsen things. So go ahead, keep attacking
> >> the messenger. Feel better.
> >>

> >> "Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

Those are all good points.

"Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wasn't the original point that Captain Blubberslap has a problem with
> seeing fat people? That it ruins his day? If he changes his attitude
> and stops obsessing about it, problem solved. He will lead a longer,
> happier, healthier, more productive life. Or, if he simply cannot stop
> obsessing, perhaps he could start a health campaign where he works.
> Petition to get soda machines and snack machines removed from the office
> lounge and replaced with healthier options, or start a lunchtime walking
> or jogging group, or a weekend sports league of some sort. Or he could
> volunteer at a school or church to run an after-school fitness club to
> help prevent the younger generation from getting fat. There are
> probably many more options for positive things he could do with his time
> to help combat America's obesity problem.
>
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "LongJohn" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Nice diversion. Now, as to the original point ...
>>

>> "Luna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > There is also an epidemic of stress and related mental and emotional
>> > problems, evidenced by the alarming rise in prescriptions of
>> > anti-anxiety medications, which also causes major health problems.
>> > Even
>> > though stress problems often don't have physical signs everyone can see
>> > like weight problems do, they are no less serious. I just found it
>> > ironic that the OP was choosing to react to overweight people in such a
>> > way as to potentially cause himself medical problems, when his
>> > complaint
>> > about fat people is that they are sick and don't care enough about
>> > themselves to be healthy. So, because others are sick, he's making
>> > himself sick by choosing to obsess over the bad choices others make.
>> >
>> > And, I wasn't attacking him. I used the exact same reasoning he used
>> > about fat people not caring enough about themselves to get thin to
>> > point
>> > out he was also endangering his own health. Which he is.

"Captain BlubberSlap" <[email protected]> contributed wisdom
to news:[email protected]:

> It is true as well that america has the most fat people, go to china,
> how many fat people are there? Not alot, why do we have to have all
> the fat people?

WOW you give the information but you totally miss the point. America is
balancing China! If you succeed in an effort to shame america to get thin,
then the world will roll over! You should be thankful that the affluence of
America allows it to achieve balance with fewer people.

Gandalf Parker
--
Anonymous posters are like sock-puppets putting on a show. They arent real.
If they move on then another hand can pick up the same puppet. And

Luna <[email protected]> contributed wisdom to
news:[email protected]:

> If he changes his attitude
> and stops obsessing about it, problem solved. He will lead a longer,
> happier, healthier, more productive life. Or, if he simply cannot stop
> obsessing, perhaps he could start a health campaign where he works.

Excellent points. And a nice layout of options also.
Gandalf Parker

"George" <[email protected]> contributed wisdom to
news:[email protected]:

> Your premise that fat people are generally happy because of their
> weight flies in the face of surveys and common sense. Your premise
> that now-thin people will be stressed out by having become thin is
> equally unfounded and runs against logic. Any basis for these?

Who said fat people were generally happy? I dont think these groups are
"general" anything. But Im not sure that any of the groups he posted to
would be helped much by his post. I also didnt say thin people are
stressed.

The original post does seem to have the purpose of stressing people
about their weight. And dieticians have begun to swing toward a more "do
a few things to be healthy" than a "you are too fat and should diet"
direction because there are now some papers trying to decide whether
weight or stress is worse. (very different of course from happily
dieting, or from any reference to medically obese)

I think that some people are arguing a "point" that I didnt see in the
original post.

Gandalf Parker
--
Some believe that racial acceptance means wanting to be that race.
Some believe that gay acceptance is a sign of wanting to be gay.

In article <[email protected]>,
Gandalf Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

> Luna <[email protected]> contributed wisdom to
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > If he changes his attitude
> > and stops obsessing about it, problem solved. He will lead a longer,
> > happier, healthier, more productive life. Or, if he simply cannot stop
> > obsessing, perhaps he could start a health campaign where he works.

> Excellent points. And a nice layout of options also.
> Gandalf Parker

Thanks. I know the original post was trolling, but even a trollish post
can spark a relevant, helpful discussion, and that's all I was trying to
do.

in another group i belong to we post recipes and have a troll-b-q, Lee
Willow <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A troll fest.. where's the popcorn..
>
> --
> Will~
>
> "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."
>
> Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.
>

> <Observer> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 17 Jan 2006 16:13:04 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > >Observer,
> > >
> > >There is an obvious difference between your average homosexual adult
> > >and a child molester. If you can't tell the difference between
> > >consenting adults and felony rape, mores the pity. If you believe that
> > >all homosexuals are child molesters, you are sadly misinformed. Either
> > >way, I can't sympathize with a child molester, hetero or homosexual,
> > >cleric or lay person.
> > >
> > >-Hollywood

> > Alright Hollywood, your response to that question was a reasonable one
> > although it does appear that the percentages of the male homosexual
> > population that are child molesters is far greater than that of the
> > heterosexual male population. Flagrant promiscuity is another story
> > altogether. The gay couple who live down the street and have led a
> > long-term quiet life relationship with each other doesn't bother me in
> > the least. . Now the next question; does your desire to see
> > homosexuals regarded in a more favorable way extend to the many who
> > loiter around public men's rest rooms obviously "on the prey". I
> > know of a road side rest stop that had to be closed by the highway
> > department because this problem was so severe.
> >
> > Observer

> lose

puke

person

is

priests

Naawww they taste all tough and stringy..

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Stormmee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> in another group i belong to we post recipes and have a troll-b-q, Lee
> Willow <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > A troll fest.. where's the popcorn..
> >
> > --
> > Will~
> >
> > "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."
> >
> > Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.
> >

> > <Observer> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

that

Either

> > > Alright Hollywood, your response to that question was a reasonable one
> > > although it does appear that the percentages of the male homosexual
> > > population that are child molesters is far greater than that of the
> > > heterosexual male population. Flagrant promiscuity is another story
> > > altogether. The gay couple who live down the street and have led a
> > > long-term quiet life relationship with each other doesn't bother me in
> > > the least. . Now the next question; does your desire to see
> > > homosexuals regarded in a more favorable way extend to the many who
> > > loiter around public men's rest rooms obviously "on the prey". I
> > > know of a road side rest stop that had to be closed by the highway
> > > department because this problem was so severe.
> > >
> > > Observer

than

> > lose

> puke

> person

> is

americans

> priests

Well, what a post! You must be proud of yourself?

Life has a funny way of repaying us for all the negitivity we put out.
I can only assume that your repayment was perhaps in the form of a small
penis?
Don't feel bad - everyone has their faults, however, a small penis is
unfortunate I
must say.

I AM NOW GOING TO IMPLANT SOMETHING INTO YOUR BRAIN
THAT I VOW TO YOU - YOU WILL NEVER FORGET! MAY IT EAT
AWAY AT YOU UNTIL YOU'VE PAID YOUR DUE!

Expect BAD karma from the information that your publishing.
BAD KARMA YOU WILL RECEIVE.....say it with me.....

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

"Bad Karma I will receive"

And just when you think you have it out of your head - it will pop back in
when you least expect it.

Anyway, that's it from me! May all of the other wonderful members (not you
of course blubber....Bad Karma I will receive) of this group share in
happiness & great joy. Keep up the good work!

Em
***

Gandalf Parker wrote:

> And obviously it was posted with no ISP info,

LOL! And you claim to be a sysadmin and you can't read headers?
You're really stupid. Really fat too. You are living proof that they
go hand in hand.

Gandalf Parker wrote:
> (very different of course from
> happily dieting, or from any reference to medically obese)

The clinical definition of obese is > 30 BMI. The clinical definition
of morbidly obese is > 40 BMI. No doctor is needed to determine either
classification.

It's so interesting to read all these replies to the Captain. They attack
the messenger and avoid commenting on his message. Are these the fat folks
who deny being fat? I wonder ...

news:[email protected]...