Notts County Council - That 85% figure again

Dave Kahn

Guest
Nottinghamshire County Council "Your Environment" Issue 21 repeats a
variant of the 85% claim under "Top Cycle Safety Tips". It's morphed
slightly into "they have been shown to reduce the risk of injury in
the event of an accident by 85% ". All injury - wow,

The offending web page is at <http://tinyurl.co.uk/6cx5> or
<http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/your_council/councilpublications/environmentpublications/yrissue22/yrissue21/features21.htm>.

I've followed the "contact us" and "let us know what you think about
this website" to point out the error. The more the merrier however.

--
Dave...

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Dave Kahn wrote:
> Nottinghamshire County Council "Your Environment" Issue 21 repeats a
> variant of the 85% claim under "Top Cycle Safety Tips". It's morphed
> slightly into "they have been shown to reduce the risk of injury in
> the event of an accident by 85% ". All injury - wow,
>
> The offending web page is at <http://tinyurl.co.uk/6cx5> or
> <http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/your_council/councilpublications/environmentpublications/yrissue22/yrissue21/features21.htm>.
>
> I've followed the "contact us" and "let us know what you think about
> this website" to point out the error. The more the merrier however.

Same for Essex:

http://194.129.26.30/vip8/ecc/ECCWebsite/display/guideContents/index.jsp?oid=16298

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

Mark Tranchant wrote:
> Dave Kahn wrote:
>
>> Nottinghamshire County Council "Your Environment" Issue 21 repeats a
>> variant of the 85% claim under "Top Cycle Safety Tips". It's morphed
>> slightly into "they have been shown to reduce the risk of injury in
>> the event of an accident by 85% ". All injury - wow,
>>
>> The offending web page is at <http://tinyurl.co.uk/6cx5> or
>> <http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/your_council/councilpublications/environmentpublications/yrissue22/yrissue21/features21.htm>.
>>

>> I've followed the "contact us" and "let us know what you think about
>> this website" to point out the error. The more the merrier however.

> Same for Essex:
>
> http://194.129.26.30/vip8/ecc/ECCWebsite/display/guideContents/index.jsp?oid=16298

They also claim that 10% of all head injuries result in permanent brain
damage. Damn, so all those times I've cut myself shaving.... no wonder
I'm a thickie.

The contact details for Essex council are hard to find, but are:

Essex County Council
County Hall
Market Road
Chelmsford
CM1 1LX

Switchboard: 01245 492211
Textphone (for people with hearing difficulties): 08457 585592

or there's an online form here:
http://tinyurl.com/4hcdg

R.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:18:02 GMT, Dave Kahn <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I've followed the "contact us" and "let us know what you think about
>this website" to point out the error.

Hi Dave

Tried to do so but on sending the form ...

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings."

James

James Hodson wrote:

> Tried to do so but on sending the form ...
>
> "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
> might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
> adjust your browser settings."

They must have a JavaScript parser that blocks anything containing the
H-word ;-)