Novice gear upgrader needs seeks advice?

Caher

May 22, 2003
Hi all,
I’ve ordered some Nokon gear cables and SRAM X9 front and rear mechs as well as the trigger shifters. I propose to fit them next weekend. I’ve heard that the Nokon cables can be a real pain has anyone any experience of doing this? Are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of whilst doing this complete upgrade?
I thought it might be a good opportunity to learn something about my bike but if I am taking on too much I thought I should have my local bike shop ready in case of an emergency.
Thanks
Caher.

Caher said:
Hi all,
I’ve ordered some Nokon gear cables and SRAM X9 front and rear mechs as well as the trigger shifters. I propose to fit them next weekend. I’ve heard that the Nokon cables can be a real pain has anyone any experience of doing this? Are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of whilst doing this complete upgrade?
Yes they can be a pain. You may have spent your money foolishly. Bling is wonderful and priceless to many tho. ...Many would consider it a downgrade rather than an upgrade.

Thanks for your helpful advice. I don't think I have spent my money foolishly as the current gear system is somewhat cheap and nasty having read a host of reviews and used a bike with these components they can only be an upgrade on the current configuration.