Now I'm cookin' (ot)

> > Shaun Rimmer wrote:

> > > So where the heck does a meat eatin' male with an appetite get black
> bear

Get yer self butt naked, lube your whole body up with wild natural honey, take off running thru the
woods screaming like a banshee.

Oh yeah, don't forget your gun!
--
Slacker

> Cameron wrote:
>
> > Redhook? Redhook????? That **** is so bad our state ferries sell it. UUUUURRRRRGH SPLAT! What
> > did you expect from a beer that is brewed next to a crummy winery in Woodinville?
>
> There must be something wrong w/ that brewery on the left(wrong) coast because _our_ redhook is
> really quite good (for an American ale). I dunno, perhaps it is because I buy it in 1/2 gallon
> growlers right off the tap from the brewery here in Portsmouth, NH. It is literally right next
> door to my former place of employment. I gave up my mug when I got laid off ;-(

Could just be my taste. Micro's are as common as coffee around here. Seattle's considered the
coffee capitol, while Portland is the Micro capitol. But between No. Cal and Mt. Vernon, Wa, you
can find a brewery in every city. I have been to only a few of the local breweries. There are more
than I can count....

AFAIK, Redhook is a Seattle brew. I believe that there ESP was originally labeled "Ballard Bitter".
Could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I'm not. And for you non-Seattle people, Ballard is a district
that has the slogan, "If you're not Norwegian, don't stay past sundown."

:)

--
Cameron

Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > bear
>
> Get yer self butt naked, lube your whole body up with wild natural honey,
take off running thru the woods screaming like a banshee.

> Oh yeah, don't forget your gun!

I did that, and unless bears dress in dark blue/black, were hats, carry black sticks and run
shouting 'Oy, you!!!!', I didn't even see any.......

Shaun aRe

bomba wrote:
> Penny S. wrote:
>
>> I could eat this stuff all day. I've tried a lot of recipes, and this one is the best so far.
>> I've been on a mission to make rice noodle dishes and this techinique is the best for them... I
>> do rice noodle in other dishes too.
>
> Superb. Think I'll be giving that a crack this weekend, if I can find all the ingredients.

Tamarind paste/pulp is the only thing that could be really hard to find. If all else fails, "Por
Kwan" brand of Pad Thai sauce is the only one that comes close, the rest of the jar stuff I've tried
is too sweet and ketchupy.

Penny

> Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > > bear
> >
> > Get yer self butt naked, lube your whole body up with wild natural
honey,
> take off running thru the woods screaming like a banshee.
> >
> > Oh yeah, don't forget your gun!
>
> I did that, and unless bears dress in dark blue/black, were hats, carry black sticks and run
> shouting 'Oy, you!!!!', I didn't even see any.......
>
> Shaun aRe

Its just that all the bears are hibernating right now. Try it again in the spring.

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> black
> > >
> > > Get yer self butt naked, lube your whole body up with wild natural
> honey,
> > take off running thru the woods screaming like a banshee.
> > >
> > > Oh yeah, don't forget your gun!
> >
> > I did that, and unless bears dress in dark blue/black, were hats, carry black sticks and run
> > shouting 'Oy, you!!!!', I didn't even see
any.......

> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Its just that all the bears are hibernating right now. Try it again in
the
> spring.

Sounds like a Labatt's or Hamms commercial!

Lance

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> bomba wrote:
> > Penny S. wrote:
> >
> >> I could eat this stuff all day. I've tried a lot of recipes, and this one is the best so far.
> >> I've been on a mission to make rice noodle dishes and this techinique is the best for them... I
> >> do rice noodle in other dishes too.
> >
> > Superb. Think I'll be giving that a crack this weekend, if I can find all the ingredients.
>

> Tamarind paste/pulp

'Imli' or 'umli' is what the Asians around here call it, and they sell it in pressed blocks. Ask an
Indian or Pakistani where thye get theirs.

> is the only thing that could be really hard to find. If all else fails, "Por Kwan" brand of Pad
> Thai sauce is the only one that comes close, the rest of the jar stuff I've tried is too sweet and
ketchupy.

> Penny

Shaun aRe

Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> black
> > >
> > > Get yer self butt naked, lube your whole body up with wild natural
> honey,
> > take off running thru the woods screaming like a banshee.
> > >
> > > Oh yeah, don't forget your gun!
> >
> > I did that, and unless bears dress in dark blue/black, were hats, carry black sticks and run
> > shouting 'Oy, you!!!!', I didn't even see
> >
> > Shaun aRe
> >

> Its just that all the bears are hibernating right now. Try it again in
the
> spring.

I've tried this or similar in all seasons. They said next time, they wouldn't let me out.

Shaun aRe