Now Pereiro ?

JDM

Sep 5, 2003
I've been caught up in the wave. I admit it. It is sometimes hard to ignore. Pereiro at the front of the race for two tough days in the mountains??? Who is this guy?? It has to be drugs. He must be doped up. How else could you explain it? Training? Ability? Equipment? Toughness? Nahhhhh. Like everyone else who succeeds, it has to be drugs. I'm hooked on the kool-aid now fellas.

Nice try but I'll think you'll find that Pereiro has had a long list of cycling achievements over the years in many races.... (again you guys only know these riders from the Tour... if you followed the sport all year around you would know tut tut)....in addition he's season has been way more consistent than most Discovery riders and has been building in form over the last 3 years..... no super sauce for this lad.... he rides on talent, training and guts.........

Palmarès 2002

5th stage Setmana Catalana 1st
Overall ranking Clasica de Ordizia 3rd
Overall ranking Giro d’Italia 11th

Palmarès 2003

6th stage Tour de Suisse 1st
Prolog Tour de Suisse 2nd
Overall ranking Vuelta a Burgos 2nd
Overall ranking Tour de Suisse 3rd

Palmarès 2004

Overall ranking Paris-Nice 7th
Classique des Alpes 1st
Prolog Critérium du Dauphiné Liberé 4th
Overall ranking Critérium du Dauphiné Liberé9th
Prolog Tour de France 6th
Team Time Trial Tour de France 2nd
Overall ranking Tour de France 10th

Palmarès 2005

Prolog Paris-Nice 9th​
ITT Vuelta al Pais Vasco 5th​
Overall ranking Vuelta al Pais Vasco 6th​
Prolog Tour de Romandie 1st​
1st stage Tour de Romandie 6th​
5th stage Tour de Romandie ITT 3rd​
Pointsclassification Tour de Romandie 2nd​
Sprintclassification Tour de Romandie 2nd​
Overall ranking Tour de Romandie 7th​
Prolog Dauphiné Libéré 6th​
3rd stage Daupiné Libéré ITT 6th​
CLM Eindhoven TTT 2nd​
4th stage Tour de France TTT 5th​
15th stage Tour de France 2nd​
16th stage Tour de France 1st

JDM said:
I've been caught up in the wave. I admit it. It is sometimes hard to ignore. Pereiro at the front of the race for two tough days in the mountains??? Who is this guy?? It has to be drugs. He must be doped up. How else could you explain it? Training? Ability? Equipment? Toughness? Nahhhhh. Like everyone else who succeeds, it has to be drugs. I'm hooked on the kool-aid now fellas.

"Nice try but I'll think you'll find that Pereiro has had a long list of cycling achievements over the years in many races." Hmmm.....sort of like the current leader of the Tour de France, right? Time trial champ at 16, US champ, world champion, Fleche Wallone, Classica San Sebastien, multiple Tour stage winner, etc. BEFORE the illness. According to some people , these wins count for nothing. The man must be doped up. I'm starting to agree. They're all on drugs. Kick them all out. I love kool-aid.

I was referring to Hincapie not LA who as we all know is the greatest cyclist ever... no arguments there.... now lets go over Hincapie's achievements....

2005 : Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne
2004 : Trois Jours de la Panne
2003 : Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne (Pos:1 - Time:4h42'00),Tirreno-Adriatico (Pos:6 - Time:36"),Flèche Brabançonne (Pos:6 - Time:37"),Tour des Flandres (Pos:7 - Time:1'42"),Paris-Roubaix (Pos:2 - Time:0"),Amstel Gold Race (Pos:67 - Time:3'20")
2001 : Gand-Wevelgem
1999 : GP d'Atlanta
1998 : Championnat des Etats-Unis

Now explain to me how he won the toughest mountain stage of the Tour whilst riding on the front for the previous 14 days.....?

JDM said:
"Nice try but I'll think you'll find that Pereiro has had a long list of cycling achievements over the years in many races." Hmmm.....sort of like the current leader of the Tour de France, right? Time trial champ at 16, US champ, world champion, Fleche Wallone, Classica San Sebastien, multiple Tour stage winner, etc. BEFORE the illness. According to some people , these wins count for nothing. The man must be doped up. I'm starting to agree. They're all on drugs. Kick them all out. I love kool-aid.

but Flyer and I are the same person just with different names for this forum.... I'm not sure what you mean.... can you elaborate ?

rejobako said:
LOL! Better run along now; Flyer says he's changed the sheets on the bed and is ready for round 2.

whiteboytrash said:
but Flyer and I are the same person just with different names for this forum....
Impossible. No matter how hard you try (and I give you extra points for effort ;) ) you can never approach the exquisite lunacy of a vintage Flyer post.